• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American and USAIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This merger wont happen. The U situation brings more bad than good. U should be left alone to collapse by itself. As long as Parker succumbs to the east coast terrorists, then this outfit is doomed.

These mergers wont solve the industrys problems, only the elimination of one of the future "big four". UAL, AA, and DAL will survive, but U/AWA will collpase and be picked apart by the others. The LCC's will have SWA and Airtran and perhaps Virgin America among its survivors, but JetBlue will flop by the end of the year at the latest. The LCC's wont be LCC's anymore as their prices will be very close to the majors. Alaska might remain stand alone as will a few other carrirs serving regions (gee........a "regional airline"). RJ's, especially <50 seaters will be dramatically reduced (not eliminated) in favor of more 70-90 seaters, but the overall RJ fleet count will be substantially less.

Eaglefly: Did we turn you down in Phase 2 or something? We finished the quarter with 1.26 billion cash and cash-equivalent securities on hand and have raised fares several times. I daresay an 8 million loss is not yet crippling.

I say the AA/U deal is already done. In fact, AA has already begun integrating operations.

All of AA's hubs are working to match the performance of the USAir PHL operation... :rolleyes: TC

P.S.--"Where will the TWA people fit in?" We already have our normal spot under the bus reserved. ;)

Someone refresh my memory, please. What was it that the TWA folks were trying to accomplish by getting Kit Bond on their side during the integration of the two groups?

With the West guys are b!tching so hard, how many have signed up for office? In all seriousness, wouldn't this be a great opportunity to effect change in your favor?

Last edited:
AA may be a lot of things, but it's not suicidal enough to hook up with U. I'm trying to think of something positive about U, but can't.

Tilton, on the other hand, wants his big merger payday and will do anything to get it.

UAL employees need to be very very concerned.

remaining airline populated by Eastholes and Sky nazis. Yuck!

Now that's funny right ther' I don't care you your are. If you don't think that's funny then you git off this board right now. Git r done!

Latest resources

Back