Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Old School 737

NG's now and it is A OK!!
CNBC just said the two are in talks. And a marketing alliance between Continental and American could also be a player.

I just saw that too. First time I have heard AA/LCC.

Reuters
American Airlines in talks with Continental and US Airways
Friday April 25, 3:51 pm ET
NEW YORK (Reuters) - American Airlines (NYSE:AMR - News) has had early-stage merger talks with US Airways (NYSE:LCC - News) and is in advanced talks for an alliance with Continental Airlines (NYSE:CAL - News), sources briefed on the situation said. American Airlines' talks with Continental are focused on forming an alliance. Meanwhile. Continental is in advanced merger talks with United Airlines (NasdaqGS:UAUA - News).

Last edited:
It's Last Call, things are getting hazy in the light. Your cab hasn't arrived and that "thin, hottie" at the end of the bar needs attention.

Can you believe she's all alone? Some guys have all the luck.

It's Last Call, things are getting hazy in the light. Your cab hasn't arrived and that "thin, hottie" at the end of the bar needs attention.

Can you believe she's all alone? Some guys have all the luck.

Careful. That may be Da Trannie.

Talk, talk, talk. Everybody's been talkin' to everybody else. Big Deal. I'll worry about it when there's an actual announcement.

Remember when just a couple of weeks ago Delta was talking to Continental. I guess the board needs a full report, and want to make sure all angles of different deals were approached? So if Continental is talking to American, etc. that only tells me that the deal with United has a good chance of becoming a reality. IMHO

But I must say there sure were a lot more leaks in the Delta deal, maybe they really were trying to feed Wall Street? Continental on the other hand, is know to keep things quiet.

What would happen to the furloughed AA pilots? Would they, like the furloughed Easties, be stapled at the bottom? Would Parker/Arpy move the HQ to DFW or stay in PHX?

Ooooohhhhh boy, this summer of consolidation is gonna be interesting...

Doh for all AMR pilots with fences and protections for want you bring to the table

What would happen to the furloughed AA pilots?
As usual, thrown under the bus.
Would they, like the furloughed Easties, be stapled at the bottom?
Depends who makes the decision. If it's the APA, no, if it's an arbitrator, probably yes.
Would Parker/Arpy move the HQ to DFW or stay in PHX?
AA would be the dominant carrier so DFW it is.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back