• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American and USAIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this goes down the USAIR East guys will finally have to come to terms with the senority list that was determined in arbitration. It will be justice served in an expeditious manner. They will forever be remembered for what they tried to do to a minority group of hard working pilots and an industry labor union for their own personal gain. Shame will follow them forever! They know this deep down inside as one pilot who flies for them recently told me. He is ashamed to be associated with these UNION BUSTING THUGS!

If this goes down the USAIR East guys will finally have to come to terms with the senority list that was determined in arbitration. It will be justice served in an expeditious manner. They will forever be remembered for what they tried to do to a minority group of hard working pilots and an industry labor union for their own personal gain. Shame will follow them forever! They know this deep down inside as one pilot who flies for them recently told me. He is ashamed to be associated with these UNION BUSTING THUGS!

This merger wont happen. The U situation brings more bad than good. U should be left alone to collapse by itself. As long as Parker succumbs to the east coast terrorists, then this outfit is doomed.

AA would be better off with al-queada members flying its aircraft then al-usapa. Too much overlap in this merger would make it a tough sell.

All things considered, I think UAL and CAL will jump in bed together shortly and give AA just enough off their plate to make regulators happy and that will be it.

These mergers wont solve the industrys problems, only the elimination of one of the future "big four". UAL, AA, and DAL will survive, but U/AWA will collpase and be picked apart by the others. The LCC's will have SWA and Airtran and perhaps Virgin America among its survivors, but JetBlue will flop by the end of the year at the latest. The LCC's wont be LCC's anymore as their prices will be very close to the majors. Alaska might remain stand alone as will a few other carrirs serving regions (gee........a "regional airline"). RJ's, especially <50 seaters will be dramatically reduced (not eliminated) in favor of more 70-90 seaters, but the overall RJ fleet count will be substantially less.

This merger wont happen. The U situation brings more bad than good. U should be left alone to collapse by itself. As long as Parker succumbs to the east coast terrorists, then this outfit is doomed.

AA would be better off with al-queada members flying its aircraft then al-usapa. Too much overlap in this merger would make it a tough sell.

All things considered, I think UAL and CAL will jump in bed together shortly and give AA just enough off their plate to make regulators happy and that will be it.

These mergers wont solve the industrys problems, only the elimination of one of the future "big four". UAL, AA, and DAL will survive, but U/AWA will collpase and be picked apart by the others. The LCC's will have SWA and Airtran and perhaps Virgin America among its survivors, but JetBlue will flop by the end of the year at the latest. The LCC's wont be LCC's anymore as their prices will be very close to the majors. Alaska might remain stand alone as will a few other carrirs serving regions (gee........a "regional airline"). RJ's, especially <50 seaters will be dramatically reduced (not eliminated) in favor of more 70-90 seaters, but the overall RJ fleet count will be substantially less.

Where are you getting this stuff? Have you even looked at the latest quarterly earnings reports? Jet Blue almost broke even with only an 8 mil loss. US had a loss half that of UAL and a fraction of NWA or DAL. Why would Jet blue go under and Virgin America not?

Until we start bringing down the price of oil by producing more here in the US, why would American want to increase their present problems by a merger? That huge deep down oil in Montana and North Dakota can now be brought up with the higher oil prices and modern drilling techniques. Delta and Northwest lost 10 billion dollars last quarter. How long can that go on?

"AA would be better off with al-queada members flying its aircraft then al-usapa."

As a witness to the events in NY on 9/11 and seeing first hand the results of actual terrorist at the controls of an airliner, I think I can say that you sir are an idiot of the highest caliber. The stupidity that I witness on this board never ceases to amaze.

"AA would be better off with al-queada members flying its aircraft then al-usapa."

As a witness to the events in NY on 9/11 and seeing first hand the results of actual terrorist at the controls of an airliner, I think I can say that you sir are an idiot of the highest caliber. The stupidity that I witness on this board never ceases to amaze.

As a witness to several presentations by comedians and others who use the farcical and absurd to provoke thought or laughter, I think I can say that you sir, should switch to de-caf.

As I always enjoy your informational post Occam, I will take your advice under advisement. Maybe a compromise? I will start with 1/2 caf and then try to come off the hard stuff in steps. Twelve steps to be exact.

Latest resources

Back