Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West/USAirways seniority list ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh.... NO!

Joey Bagodonutz said:
I would assume it is 3 AWA to 1 USA since America west is buying them.

Why does everyone keep saying that America West is buying US?

A group of investors are buying both company's!!! Without the investors neither airline had a great chance of surviving.

No one AIRLINE is buying the other.

A330Driver said:
Why does everyone keep saying that America West is buying US?

A group of investors are buying both company's!!! Without the investors neither airline had a great chance of surviving.

No one AIRLINE is buying the other.

Maybe neither airline had much of a chance surviving on their own,but you gotta admit you guys we're alot closer to the abyss than we were. But then again the original PanAm was around for 14 years,all of them unprofitable before they finally filed Chapter 11/7 and shut the doors.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Tomct said:
:cool:All I can say is good luck to all and I hope there is not any furloughs!

Thanks Tomct.Appreciate it!! :) I think it's safe to say all of us , whether we are on the AWA or U side of the fence are hoping for the same.Especially after all the USAir folks have been through.

Assuming a PID is set in the near future, section 45 of the ALPA administrative manual specifies a 150 day time-line from the day the PID is declared to the decision of the arbitrator. I would be highly surprised if this time-line was even remotely followed.

Cactus,

What makes you think that? Do you think this will be done in less than 150 days or go beyond the 150 day timeline specified in Section 45?

Doug Parker said:
.OR take the top 100 USAir guys and put them at the top of the list and go 1 for 1 after that........................
That appears to be the hail mary pass the AWA MEC (not the Merger Committee) brought to the USAir MEC last week -- and it was rejected.

To reiterate: there are no official integration talks going on yet so anything you hear/read/see/imagine is completely rumor-mill material.

There does appear to be a willingness by the USA MEC to come to an agreement rather than go to arbitration but it's too soon to tell.

To reiterate something else: neither airline is buying the other and AWA is not a "savior". I know I'm no savior so I certainly don't deserve any reward. I hope neither pilot group gets set up as furlough-fodder like happened in a certain other airline integration.

TWA Dude said:
I hope neither pilot group gets set up as furlough-fodder like happened in a certain other airline integration.

AMEN,bro!!!!

PHXFLYR :cool:

RichardFitzwell said:
I was just talking to a former US Airways pilot tonight. He said the current proposal is to merge seniority lists 3 for 1. I didn't get a chance to ask him if that was 3 for 1 for USAirways or 3 for 1 for America West.

Anyone heard anything?

A FORMER USAir pilot? Now there's a source of accurate, up to date information for you....:rolleyes: How about talking to the ones who are still working there? Or better yet talking to a member of their MEC or Negotiating Comittee or ours for that matter?

PHXFLYR said:
A FORMER USAir pilot? Now there's a source of accurate, up to date information for you....:rolleyes: How about talking to the ones who are still working there? Or better yet talking to a member of their MEC or Negotiating Comittee or ours for that matter?

Well PHXFLYR that's why I posted my question here. Everyone I know at USAir has been furloughed and I don't know anyone at AWA. I don't have the ability to communicate with either MEC being that I am at Continental.

The person I spoke to last night has been furloughed from the line and is now working in the training dept. The 3 for 1 is what he told me. Nothing more than rumor, hence my original question.

Industry consolidation may be coming and in my opinion the way your lists are merged could be similar to other possible mergers. I am sorry if I upset you in any way. Any future questions I have about this subject will be addressed directly to the experts, like yourself. Is that O.K. with you?

:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR said:
Assuming a PID is set in the near future, section 45 of the ALPA administrative manual specifies a 150 day time-line from the day the PID is declared to the decision of the arbitrator. I would be highly surprised if this time-line was even remotely followed.

Cactus,

What makes you think that? Do you think this will be done in less than 150 days or go beyond the 150 day timeline specified in Section 45?

At the LEC meeting the other night, they were of the opinion that 150 days is too short to get everything done. It doesn't mean they won't get it done in this time or less, but the list certification process is a long one. They have to send out a certified letter to every pilot on both lists and then give each pilot a chance to protest their seniority if they choose to do so. They also said the arbitrator/mediator isn't always available during this time period and meetings have to be scheduled if it gets this far. There is a set list of arbitrators listed in our transition agreement that must be used.

It is quite possible that they will come to a general agreement on how to integrate very quickly, but they still have to certify the lists regardless. This is to prevent lawsuits down the line.

As TWA Dude stated, an offer was made to the AAA MEC but it didn't include any list. It was an integration offer and they kindly rejected it. The merger committees were NOT involved and the ALPA integration process is moving forward. Talking to our merger chairman, he feels we have a good relationship with the AAA committee.

As for who is buying who? Read that 500 page book they sent to the AWA stockholders.

Latest resources

Back