Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West/USAirways seniority list ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardFitzwell

I was just talking to a former US Airways pilot tonight. He said the current proposal is to merge seniority lists 3 for 1. I didn't get a chance to ask him if that was 3 for 1 for USAirways or 3 for 1 for America West.

Anyone heard anything?

As of last nights union meeting in PHX, there is no info on seniority list integration. I know several rumors are going around like, 3 to 1, 5 to 1, or relative seniority. Relative meaning a US Air pilot in the 50 percentile is in the 50 percentile on the intergrated list. Under this scenerio, there would be minimal training incurred and no buddy on either lists gets more than the other group.

As of last night, no official seniority lists have been exchanged between groups, so I highly doubt a decision has been made.

It will take at least a month or two get hammer out an integrated seniority list. (Just my opinion.)

iflyhigh said:
As of last nights union meeting in PHX, there is no info on seniority list integration. I know several rumors are going around like, 3 to 1, 5 to 1, or relative seniority. Relative meaning a US Air pilot in the 50 percentile is in the 50 percentile on the intergrated list. Under this scenerio, there would be minimal training incurred and no buddy on either lists gets more than the other group.

As of last night, no official seniority lists have been exchanged between groups, so I highly doubt a decision has been made.

It will take at least a month or two get hammer out an integrated seniority list. (Just my opinion.)

I wish I can share your enthusiam regarding the lenght of time it will take to come to some sort of agreement regarding senority intergration, but I think this one will be decided by an arbitrator.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Joey Bagodonutz said:
I would assume it is 3 AWA to 1 USA since America west is buying them.

Not quite...our management team WILL be running the "New" USAirways, but the funding is coming from 5 seperate outside investors. Either way, I think when it is all said and done the only thing left of today's USAirways will be the nameplate and the employees who decide to press on with the new company.Gonna be an interesting clash of cultures,to say the least.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Actually, the word was either 3 to 2 (which would pretty much be relative seniority) OR take the top 100 USAir guys and put them at the top of the list and go 1 for 1 after that.......................

I'll vote for 'B'

I would expect a lot of fences... You probably won't find an AWA pilot flying A330s to Gatwick any time soon and few USAirways pilots bidding the 757 out of PHX...

Doug Parker said:

Actually, the word was either 3 to 2 (which would pretty much be relative seniority) OR take the top 100 USAir guys and put them at the top of the list and go 1 for 1 after that.......................

I'll vote for 'B'

There is NO word on the street, because they haven't exchanged lists. Period. You can talk to both merger committee's. They are in the process of certifying the lists. This takes time as they have to determine the status of every pilot on the list. AAA let's pilots on long term disability remain on the list until 60 even though they never intend on returning.

Assuming a PID is set in the near future, section 45 of the ALPA administrative manual specifies a 150 day time-line from the day the PID is declared to the decision of the arbitrator. I would be highly surprised if this time-line was even remotely followed.

For a Continental guy to make ratio statements is pure speculation and rumor. Same thing about our own guys making statements about fences and who is going to fly what. Fences aren't the answer to every problem and we may or may not see long term fences. They also create a lot of tension between the two groups. Fences also don't protect any pilot in a furlough situation.

Bottom line is that there is NOTHING ON THE TABLE from either side. The two committee's are working within ALPA merger policy and our new TA stipulates that the Company will accept a list that is created using ALPA merger policy.

Latest resources

Back