America Eagle info please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fellows

Can anybody shed some light on American Eagle quality of life and schedules if you were based in Los Angeles and did not commute. Thanks

www.eaglelounge.com

LAX is very senior and takes 2 years to hold on the jet. I'm not sure if they are hiring for the Saab there.

The training, of course, is very rigourous. They will work you, and if you get through it you will have accomplished something. And when you hit the line? Let's just say that the contract seems to constitute a loose set of giudelines, and that their version of ALPA WILL NOT help you while you are on probation. Expect crew scheduling to abuse you as best they are able. If you decide to go there, you must know your contract, and fight your own battles. Lots of the CA's will help you, but management will not. I left after six months, and am thouroghly glad that I did.

Just reread your post.
With your time, I wouldn't consider it unless you are stuck in some way.
Wacoflyr

The training, of course, is very rigourous. They will work you, and if you get through it you will have accomplished something. And when you hit the line? Let's just say that the contract seems to constitute a loose set of giudelines, and that their version of ALPA WILL NOT help you while you are on probation. Expect crew scheduling to abuse you as best they are able. If you decide to go there, you must know your contract, and fight your own battles. Lots of the CA's will help you, but management will not. I left after six months, and am thouroghly glad that I did.

Just reread your post.
With your time, I wouldn't consider it unless you are stuck in some way.
Wacoflyr

With all due respect my friend.... waaaah waaaah waaaah! Cry me a river, you just described to him pretty much every Go****mn regional out there. Eagle's training is tough, but not impossible. As for crew scheduling "abusing" you, give me a break. They will work you within the contract, and since they're short staffed they will work you. Alot of guys bi*** and moan about them getting used to the max, tough sh*** it comes with the job. As for management helping anyone but themselves it's not only at the regional level. Talk to the guys at the Majors and see what have to say about their management.

Last year about this time I was trying to decide where to go. I had three interviews - one at Comair, one at Eagle, and one at SkyWest. I was offered a job at all three, and I accepted at SkyWest. Given the state of affairs at the other two, I'm VERY glad about my decision.

If you were wanting to stay in California, LAX is one of the most junior EMB bases that we have (it's reserve-only, but you'll get used a bunch). I held a line right off IOE in FAT, so that's something to consider.

Anyway, my thoughts about Eagle: I'd stay away unless I lived in DFW or BOS.

Dont know much about LA. I am based in ORD, been here for about two years, I am bidding 140 out of 300, I held a line after two months. I have been junior maned here three times, and extended twice. I dont work weekends, second year pay will be about 45K. Is it the best regional out there to work for? I dont know, some could argue yes, others no, but given what everyone else is going through I dont think that I would want to be anywhere else. Skywest was my second option if I could not get the Eagle job, but at the time I wanted ORD and Skywest could not give me that right out of training, however now with SKW ceasing all jet hiring I dont think that I would want to go there and sit for all eternity on the bottom of reserve.

To the thread starter, a few months ago I wouldn't have said it but with the way things are going, take what you can get, at the very least they don't have a training contract.

Latest resources

Back