Am I The Only One Left?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QUOTE=DrewBlows;1866062]Now there is only one excuse...you're cheep![/QUOTE]

Just as you quoted its included during international travel. Sioux City may seem like another country .....

My tax advisor is a living breathing person. Once again nice assumption

My tax advisor is a living breathing person. Once again nice assumption

It says tips to taxi cab drivers will be allowed. How many cabs have you taken to the hotel lately?

Wow, your tax advisor is a living breathing person! Is a pulse the only requirement to be your CPA?

I rarely tip the van drivers. Their W2 prob looks better than mine.

You're pathetic. You fly an airplane for less money than the van driver makes driving the van. Then you have the nerve to not tip him because he makes more money than you. Not only are you embarrassing to the profession with your pathetic wages, but you are also embarrassing to the profession by making all pilots look like cheap asses. Don't even respond to this. You are an embarrassment. Tipping van drivers comes with the job just like buying a flight case, flashlight, and suitcase.

All Airlines should reimburse crews for tipping. At the last airline I worked for, the capt. got $10 a day for tipping reimbursed. The Capt took care of the tip for the entire crew. If you want to take the hotel van on your own time, then its on your dime--thats what per diem is for. If your airline doesnt reimburse you, negotiate it in your next contract and quit whining.

Tipping van drivers comes with the job just like buying a flight case, flashlight, and suitcase.

What an asinine statement!!!

This thread is hilarious. And all of you are worried about what a van driver thinks for a non-tipped ride? Maybe you should all worry about how people look at us when they read these boards...a bunch of whining babies!!! :laugh: :beer:

Straight from a federal website...

Tips to porters, baggage carriers, bellhops, hotel maids, stewards or stewardesses and others on vessels, and hotel servants in foreign countries are included as part of incidental expenses covered by per diem. Tips related to meals are covered as part of your per diem meals expenses. Reimbursement of tips when authorized for the use of taxicabs will be allowed, but is not included as an incidental expense.

Quoted again.

You cheap bastards know who you are.

There is no excuse to not tipping. You are a cheap bastard if you don't. You should feel like sh!t every time you don't. It's etiquette just like tipping at a restaurant. There is no way to justify it other than it does not bother you to stiff people.

I guess I must be the only airline employee left who thinks it is a total D-Bag move to not tip the van driver after he does a good job getting you around safely, then carefully places your bags right at your feet for your use.

I hope this was Sarcasm.

Latest resources

Back