ALPA's latest screw up at ASA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA should be embarrassed over this!

Right now they are the laughing stock at ASA.

There going to have someone fired over $25. Give me a brake!

It's time for a BIG change in ALPA leadership.

701EV
ALPA is a laughing stock in more pilot groups than not. Folks are starting to wise up about ALPA. ALPA sometimes forgets that WE/I AM ALPA! I along with thousands and thousands of others, pay thousands of dollars yearly and the money I pay had better be spent very wisely. It's time for big "shake-up's" at ALPA. We need to remind them who is paying the bills.

Go for it ALPA

I say we call their bluff on this one. Go ahead and try to get 300 pilots fired based on ALPA's admittedly weak accounting practices. Good luck with that.

ALPA, you've overplayed your hand. People finally realize how weak and useless you really are.

This assessment was poorly conceived and executed worse, despite hearts being in the right place. Hopefully this debacle will motivate people to actually vote if anyone proposes to extend the program.

This assessment was poorly conceived and executed worse, despite hearts being in the right place. Hopefully this debacle will motivate people to actually vote if anyone proposes to extend the program.

There is talk of having to extend it now with the new furloughs. If it is extended, the amount will likely have to increase.

I'm no ALPA fan and I have never received a bill for the dues, just my life insurance, I would love to pay and support my fellow pilots but I agree ALPA needs to get it together. Has anyone else not received a bill?????? I'm still in good standing also..

I'm no ALPA fan and I have never received a bill for the dues, just my life insurance, I would love to pay and support my fellow pilots but I agree ALPA needs to get it together. Has anyone else not received a bill?????? I'm still in good standing also..

Have you been paying the assessment?

You are not alone in not receiving bills for this assessment. I know of more than one in the same boat. The accounting on this assessment has been atrocious.

There is talk of having to extend it now with the new furloughs. If it is extended, the amount will likely have to increase.

We don't HAVE to do anything. We only voted to authorize 6 months of COBRA coverage. If ALPA wants to extend the program it'll have to go up for a vote again, unless I'm completely missing something. I can't imagine such a proposal passing again, given all these problems. Then again, widespread apathy caused it to pass in the first place, so who knows.

You are not alone in not receiving bills for this assessment. I know of more than one in the same boat. The accounting on this assessment has been atrocious.

The ALPA staff has been cut with furloughs and layoffs....

He went to SWA in June of 2008 and was in my ASA newhire class...He showed me the letter when I was at his house. He asked me what to do about....I said, just ignore it.

I received the same letter. It stated that I owed $19 for the year to be a "member" of ALPA. I ignored it, and received another when my resignation anniversary approached. This time for 2 years of dues. It took a phone call to the membership squaw and she cleared it up.

Dick

Latest resources

Back