• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA's latest screw up at ASA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just make sure you have Dues check off done on your ALPA Card, and or website and it takes care of the problem. I also have all assessments payroll deducted. Keep a member in good standing.

Sounds to me like a way around that no furlough clause!

This happened to Eagle back a few years back. They worked out a pay back over 6 months. I think the avarage was $650. Sucks when they can't even get there own accounting right!!

Just make sure you have Dues check off done on your ALPA Card, and or website and it takes care of the problem. I also have all assessments payroll deducted. Keep a member in good standing.

The problem is that ALPA can't do payroll deduct for assessments. Most of these people are on DCO. The other problem is the amounts are not accurate. It's a real mess.

Have you tried looking at your online statements? No wonder ALPA billing is such a mess.

I have a hard time believing that anyone would get fired by the end of August because of this. Sounds like the same kind of "scare" letters you get from credit card companies when your bill is past due. Not to mention the fact that ALPA's bookkeeping is so screwed up it would probably take them 6 months to even bring a case against a pilot. I certainly hope they wouldn't rake anyone over the coals without doing their due diligence first.

I have a hard time believing that anyone would get fired by the end of August because of this. Sounds like the same kind of "scare" letters you get from credit card companies when your bill is past due. Not to mention the fact that ALPA's bookkeeping is so screwed up it would probably take them 6 months to even bring a case against a pilot. I certainly hope they wouldn't rake anyone over the coals without doing their due diligence first.

ALPA hasn't done their "due diligence" since this began.

1. The vote was compromised as people who weren't eligible to vote actually did vote.
2. They didn't have an accurate roster of pilots when they came up with the formula to figure out how much the assessment would be....therefor that formula isn't going to cover the expenses in the first place.
3. They are only "estimating" the amount owed. They say they can't give an exact accounting unless the MEC "chooses" to do so.
4. Why am I getting a "scare" letter from someone who can't even tell me exactly what I owe....at least the credit card company knows the exact amount.
5. Why do I even have to do the math to figure it out...Why doesn't the statement show the math...My credit card statements show the math.
6. Can't pay it at once, you have to mail 6 separate checks at 41 cents postage each....Who's bright idea was that?

There hasn't been any "due diligence" and that is the problem...

I agree that it is all bark and no bite....Can you imagine ALPA actually trying to go forward with this?

Last edited:

Doesn't matter if you are on DCO....You have to send in 6 separate checks at 41 cents postage a piece....They will not payroll deduct it.

ACL65PILOT said:

The company won't help ALPA out on this, and I seriously doubt ALPA will get very far with it...They are on thin ice as it is and know it....

ALPA hasn't done their "due diligence" since this began.

1. The vote was compromised as people who weren't eligible to vote actually did vote.
2. They didn't have an accurate roster of pilots when they came up with the formula to figure out how much the assessment would be....therefor that formula isn't going to cover the expenses in the first place.
3. They are only "estimating" the amount owed. They say they can't give an exact accounting unless the MEC "chooses" to do so.
4. Why am I getting a "scare" letter from someone who can't even tell me exactly what I owe....at least the credit card company knows the exact amount.
5. Why do I even have to do the math to figure it out...Why doesn't the statement show the math...My credit card statements show the math.
6. Can't pay it at once, you have to mail 6 separate checks at 41 cents postage each....Who's bright idea was that?

There hasn't been any "due diligence" and that is the problem...

I agree that it is all bark and no bite....Can you imagine ALPA actually trying to go forward with this?

Very rarely do I agree with you Joe, but...

Is this before or after you took your notes home and------>:bawling::bawling::bawling:??

What are attempting to imply, Gen? That Joe has questionable morals? You certainly have little room to speak.

Latest resources

Back