• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA: Time to learn from this vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not the case for PCL, he became a pilot for the POWER. "IT'S MY PLANE, I OWN THE JUMPSEAT, EVERYBODY MUST LISTEN TO ME, RESPECT MY AUTHORRRRRRITYYYY........

I think all of my former FOs would disagree with that assessment. Couldn't be further from the truth. However, I do think it's extremely important to protect Captain's authority. Guys like you have sat on your ass and not said anything as companies continue to strip away Captain's authority bit by bit. It's a major problem.

Oh yes. Threaten them with the jumpseat. It's not just a jumpseat, folks. It could mean a no-show for a commuter and maybe his job. Or it could mean less time with his family and cost him his marriage. But that's okay, because his politics don't match mine. You can't discriminate against anyone for race, gender, or sexual orientation but if he's not union, the gloves are off. Threats, intimidation, insults. If he doesn't agree with us, we'll beat him until he does! This is the way to unity! Isn't communism great!

Oh yes. Threaten them with the jumpseat. It's not just a jumpseat, folks. It could mean a no-show for a commuter and maybe his job. Or it could mean less time with his family and cost him his marriage. But that's okay, because his politics don't match mine. You can't discriminate against anyone for race, gender, or sexual orientation but if he's not union, the gloves are off. Threats, intimidation, insults. If he doesn't agree with us, we'll beat him until he does! This is the way to unity! Isn't communism great!

Wrong! Being a SKYW pilot is supporting totalitarianism. No vote, no choice, no input, no nothing. Jerry speaks... you move. How fast is detrermined by Jerry. It would be more difficult more me to look at my wife if my boss treated me like this...

ALPA is a democracy.. one can be as involved in the direction of thier career. Same with our gov't. Want to run for congress? Be president... all possible..

The reason why guys are pissed about you guys and talking jumpseat refusal is because you are simply taking without giving... ALPA has done more for jumpseat privileges than anyone. The jumpseat program wouldn't be were it is today if it wasn't for ALPA.

Hours after 9/11 when the industry leaders where on a conference call with DOT secretery Mineta, someone said..there goes the jumpseat! Gone forwever! The ALPA president stopped the unilateral removal of all jumpseating and kept it intact for online pilots only. From there with coordnidation with others (teamwork) we were able to get CASS.

WHAT HAVE THE SKYW PILOTS done to help the jumpseat program????? You can't even host a jumpseat conference... who is going to pay for it? SAPA?

What are you doing to contribute to:

Secondary cockpit barriers

MANPADS

Foreign Control

TransNational Carriers

FFDO

BK Legislation reform

FMLA legilsation for crews

Dedicated secuirty crew access (No TSA)

Runway incursions

ASAP

FOQA

Appendix F training

Contam runway

Pension reform

Accident/incident investigations
ALL YOU GUYS DO IS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WORK THAT ALPA AND OTHER CARRIERS DO TO MAKE THIS JOB A PROFESSION. SO CONSIDER THAT WHEN AN ALPA PILOT DOESN'T WANT A FREELOADER ON HIS JUMPSEAT.

With that said, I'll still take you on my jumpseat. YOu might not like the conversation... but I'll take you...

I think all of my former FOs would disagree with that assessment. Couldn't be further from the truth. However, I do think it's extremely important to protect Captain's authority. Guys like you have sat on your ass and not said anything as companies continue to strip away Captain's authority bit by bit. It's a major problem.

How has the big bad corporations taken away your rights as a Captain? IT IS NOT YOUR AIRPLANE; IT IS NOT YOUR JUMPSEAT. The company you work owns or at least has rights to that airplane. You can deny anyone because of safety reasons, and that’s it.

If the person is black, brown, democrat, republican, Christian, atheist, ugly, union or anti-union doesn’t give you a right to deny that person a jumpseat.

Come on PCL admit it, you don’t like flying an airplane. You like being a airline captain. The captain of the ship as I know you tell your friends. I can just imagine in your sleep saying over and over again “with great powers comes great responsibility"

Yes, PCL its people like you that brings down the airline profession.

Wrong! Being a SKYW pilot is supporting totalitarianism. No vote, no choice, no input, no nothing. Jerry speaks... you move. How fast is detrermined by Jerry. It would be more difficult more me to look at my wife if my boss treated me like this...

ALPA is a democracy.. one can be as involved in the direction of thier career. Same with our gov't. Want to run for congress? Be president... all possible..

The reason why guys are pissed about you guys and talking jumpseat refusal is because you are simply taking without giving... ALPA has done more for jumpseat privileges than anyone. The jumpseat program wouldn't be were it is today if it wasn't for ALPA.

Hours after 9/11 when the industry leaders where on a conference call with DOT secretery Mineta, someone said..there goes the jumpseat! Gone forwever! The ALPA president stopped the unilateral removal of all jumpseating and kept it intact for online pilots only. From there with coordnidation with others (teamwork) we were able to get CASS.

WHAT HAVE THE SKYW PILOTS done to help the jumpseat program????? You can't even host a jumpseat conference... who is going to pay for it? SAPA?

Secondary cockpit barriers​

MANPADS​

Foreign Control​

TransNational Carriers​

FFDO​

BK Legislation reform​

FMLA legilsation for crews​

Dedicated secuirty crew access (No TSA)​

Runway incursions​

ASAP​

FOQA​

Appendix F training​

Contam runway​

Pension reform​

Accident/incident investigations​
ALL YOU GUYS DO IS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WORK THAT ALPA AND OTHER CARRIERS DO TO MAKE THIS JOB A PROFESSION. SO CONSIDER THAT WHEN AN ALPA PILOT DOESN'T WANT A FREELOADER ON HIS JUMPSEAT.

With that said, I'll still take you on my jumpseat. YOu might not like the conversation... but I'll take you...

So Rez when is a privately held company a democracy? Shouldn’t Jerry be able to run his company as he sees fit? What gives you the right to tell a privately held company how much to pay his employees.

Why does an ALPA pilot want a freeloader on his jumpseat????? Again its not his jumpseat. Other then safety reasons, you have no right to deny anyone. I mean come on if I could ban anyone from the jumpseat I would ban Ugly men. Then how would you and PCL get to work??? Think about that.

How has the big bad corporations taken away your rights as a Captain? IT IS NOT YOUR AIRPLANE; IT IS NOT YOUR JUMPSEAT.
The jumpseat belongs to the Captain. Period.
The company you work owns or at least has rights to that airplane. You can deny anyone because of safety reasons, and that’s it.
The FAA would disagree with your assessment. The Captain has the right to deny a jumpseater for any reason he chooses, safety or not.

Secondary cockpit barriers​

MANPADS​

Foreign Control​

TransNational Carriers​

FFDO​

BK Legislation reform​

FMLA legilsation for crews​

Dedicated secuirty crew access (No TSA)​

Runway incursions​

ASAP​

FOQA​

Appendix F training​

Contam runway​

Pension reform​

Accident/incident investigations​

WOW if those are APLA's top priorities there really is no hope for this profession.

Wrong! Being a SKYW pilot is supporting totalitarianism.

ALPA is a democracy..

I asked on another thread how democratic a closed shop is. You should look up totalitarianism. You are free to leave SkyWest but it looks like you are not free to use your own mind. My union view doe's not matter, but why should we all be pro-ALPA.
Did you really enter this profession because you knew when you grew up that you would be in a union.

Keep your views out of the office and do your job. After all it is ALPA that preaches safety.
I am sure you're a big man in the cockpit with your jumpseat, why don't you walk up a B6 pilot on your next day off and tell him what you think..... show us tough you really are. You bash guys like this when several of them are furloughed drivers.
Get old....and retire, PLEASE!

Name a democracy with compulsory membership and compulsory financial contribution. The Republican Party can't force me to send them money. Neither can the ACLU. A church cannot force me to send them a tithe. Even most taxes cannot be forcibly withdrawn from your paycheck. But union dues can. AOPA accomplishes more without forcible membership. How can such force be democratic?

I begged for the job at my airline. So did you at yours. I said to them, "If you pay me what you promise to pay me, I will do what you tell me to do." That is what a job is. Freedom means I could have chosen another airline, or another profession. Freedom means I could do so at any time.

All of these things that you have attributed to ALPA occur freely in non-union industries. Without unions, how did the overwhelming majority of the non-union private sector acheive such a high standard of living?

This is how it works with present ALPA representation:
"Welcome to this great place (actually it sux, but we can make it great), you are now all members, but you only have the choice to leave us, not to join us. Leave and you are now marked for life".
Charming democracy there.
Kinda like screening your calls?

Latest resources

Back