• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA: Time to learn from this vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I asked on another thread how democratic a closed shop is.

There's no such thing as a closed shop in this country. They were outlawed many years ago. Guess you guys need to do a little more research before you can have an intelligent debate. Maybe you should learn the difference between closed shop and agency/union shop first?

Closed or not, then why take the liberty of making people members?
Is this what is called "thinking for the little folks".
I don't know tons about unions, but I guess you do. I just came on here to get a rise out of a couple of you. Some of the banter is really excessive and unnecessary. Good thing we have these forums.
Thanks for the educational advice, but I am sure I would win when it came to social etiquitte.

Last edited:
Closed or not, then why take the liberty of making people members?
That's what I'm trying to tell you. No one is automatically made a member. You have to apply for ALPA membership, even in an agency shop, which is different than a closed shop.
I just came on here to get a rise out of a couple of you.

That much is obvious. Maybe you should stop playing games and start thinking about the future of your profession and your career.

Open Shop, Yeah right. Sure you dont have to join APLA but you pay either way.

You pay less if you aren't a member. You have to pay something because you are benefiting under the very contract that ALPA negotiated for you, whether you are a member or not.

You pay less if you aren't a member. You have to pay something because you are benefiting under the very contract that ALPA negotiated for you, whether you are a member or not.

I think you you missed the point genius.

As far as my profession, I don't want your help, I never asked for it.
If you are going to spend your life crying about it go do something else.

So Rez when is a privately held company a democracy? Shouldn’t Jerry be able to run his company as he sees fit? What gives you the right to tell a privately held company how much to pay his employees.

Why does an ALPA pilot want a freeloader on his jumpseat????? Again its not his jumpseat. Other then safety reasons, you have no right to deny anyone. I mean come on if I could ban anyone from the jumpseat I would ban Ugly men. Then how would you and PCL get to work??? Think about that.

Don't let facts get in your way...SkyWest is NOT a privately held company, the stock trades on the Nasdaq!

ALPA does as good a job as possible in representing the regionals, but they simply aren't career jobs. You can never make a career out of an airline that really isn't an airline, but rather a contractor for real airlines.

There it is folks..... The regionals aren't "real airlines"..... This from one of the biggest ALPA cheerleaders and the reason we are all in trouble.... mainline and regional alike.... These are airliners, we are airline pilots, and it was that very logic that got ALPA and the profession in trouble....

Way to go PCL..... you are losing more ALPA votes with each post......

ALPA's jumpseat policy is intentionally ambiguous so as to allow Captains the authority to make decisions about their own jumpseats. For every statement in the policy that states that ALPA discourages denials, there's two more statements that reiterate the Captain's authority to deny whoever he wants. The email that Nevets posted earlier was a knee-jerk response from National because of the deluge of complaints that the committee received about NWA Captains denying JetBlue pilots last year, but ALPA always defends the Captain's right to deny anybody he wants.

Transalation: Yet another ambiguous vague ALPA flip-flop.....

Funny how it's OK for PCL128 to disagree with ALPA when it suits him......

There it is folks..... The regionals aren't "real airlines"..... This from one of the biggest ALPA cheerleaders and the reason we are all in trouble.... mainline and regional alike.... These are airliners, we are airline pilots, and it was that very logic that got ALPA and the profession in trouble....

Way to go PCL..... you are losing more ALPA votes with each post......

Do you fly any of your own code, Joe? Do you have your own marketing? Sell your own tickets? Etc.... The fact is that the regionals are merely contractors. You may not like it, but it's a fact.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back