ALPA Signs off on Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
Meanwhile in other news the ALPA EB defies it membership. Many ALPA members demanded that ALPA adhere to the will of the membership. One ALPA pilot who remained anonymous stated: We demand that ALPA leaves us in the pre deregulation era. We don't want to be progressive. Nor do we want to adapt to the changes. We demand that we stay inside the box. We reject any outside of the box thinking. Even though the industry is radically changing we insist on using old school laws.

So Rez...you seem to be implying that the EB "knew what was best" for ALPA members "despite ourselves" (my words) and made a highly controversial policy decision that runs counter to the will of the majority.

If you were King ALPA & FAA for a day, what "progressive" changes would you make to the retirement age? Please include details and the implementation procedures you would like to see...and I hope you'll stay away from the talking points in the ALPA press release and tell us all honestly what you think would be a reasonable policy.

So Rez...you seem to be implying that the EB "knew what was best" for ALPA members "despite ourselves" (my words) and made a highly controversial policy decision that runs counter to the will of the majority.

I'm sure if polled avg citizens they'd want a 50% cut in taxes. But it isn't going to happen. It is quite fustrating that the avg. ALPA member is, respectfully, stomping thier feet and pouting THE WILL OF THE MEMBERSHIP- THE WILL OF THE MEMBERSHIP!

That is the only arguement they have. They don't want to consider the realities of the situation. Democracy requires responsibility.

In addition, I also realize that the EC and EB is much more informed on the issue and understand the CapHill dynamics of the situation. I don't think they have personal agenda's.

If you were King ALPA & FAA for a day, what "progressive" changes would you make to the retirement age? Please include details and the implementation procedures you would like to see...and I hope you'll stay away from the talking points in the ALPA press release and tell us all honestly what you think would be a reasonable policy.

I would lobby for protections and enhancements to the change. Does it matter if losses from the change are reinstalled in legislation? That is where the meat and potaotes in this is.... the lobbying and legislation. Age65 is going to happen on CapHill... too bad only 14% of us give to ALPA-PAC.

And I'll ask you the same: What would you do if you were Generalissimo and FAA Queen for a day?

In my opinion, AGE 60 is light chop compared to the extreme turbulence of Open Skies.

Many pilots are transfixed on Age60 and are getting quite angry and fustrated. They want to or need to respond to this outrage anyway they can.. so they will not the wear the pin and quit or never give to ALPA-PAC....

Over one issue they will reject ALPA all while the market forces of Open Skies will wipe out their jobs.

Who cares about Age 60 or 65 when our jobs are gone in 5-10 years....

Why do you over 60 crowd keep saying that is the way it is in the rest of the world when that is complete BS. There are many airlines and/or countrys that have 60 or less as their retirement age. KLM/Air France for one, the largest airline in the world by the way......

September 11th cost all of us millions, not just your prescious retiement....What happened to all your money while you were making $200,000/yr for the last ten years??? Not my fault you can control your own finances. Now I have to baby sit u for 5 more years because u need someone of age to fly with you and I have to pay your social security that I will NEVER see!!!

ALPA is the best!

What

I'm sure if polled avg citizens they'd want a 50% cut in taxes. But it isn't going to happen. It is quite fustrating that the avg. ALPA member is, respectfully, stomping thier feet and pouting THE WILL OF THE MEMBERSHIP- THE WILL OF THE MEMBERSHIP!

That is the only arguement they have. They don't want to consider the realities of the situation. Democracy requires responsibility.

In addition, I also realize that the EC and EB is much more informed on the issue and understand the CapHill dynamics of the situation. I don't think they have personal agenda's.
Uh yeah, this is why the "blue ribbon panel" was made up of like 9 captains and one FO! I'm sure personal agendas were never considered, even slightly.

In fact, I find it interesting that the leadership is moving to block over 60 that already left from returning, wouldn't want to ruin if for those in charge, just the junior FO's.

thor

Maybe you should work on your spelling while you are preparing for your baby sitting job. It kind of sucks when the baby can spell better than you do. Just kidding, kind of. You just seem to have little respect for the senior guys.

thor

Maybe you should work on your spelling while you are preparing for your baby sitting job. It kind of sucks when the baby can spell better than you do. Just kidding, kind of. You just seem to have little respect for the senior guys.

It has nothing to do with respect, it has to do with presentation. If you want to claim descrimination, don't settle at 65, still a mandatory age. If you claim no safety issue, don't make someone up there be under 60. If you yell "everybody else does it", get your facts straight because they don't. If you yell about your pension, try my social security and my lost wages from 9/11.

Oh yeah, as for your spelling, F$#@$U!

descrimination, Couldn't find this word in the dictionary either.

Once again the older crowd can not argue with true facts, just have to mumble something to be heard (like spelling, much more important).....try turning up your hearing aid!

Latest resources

Back