• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Scab-list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW any Freedom Air pilot is welcome on my jumpseat. It is this kind of unprofessinal discrimination against fellow pilot's that really pissed me off. I don't care if they are yellow, black, or white, scabs or not, agree with you or not.(Even hate Bush and love Kennedy and Kerry) Or if they have wrecked your career they should have a seat in the back, and they treat you likewise when it is your turn. That is called professionalism, a courtesy extended to all who make their living flying the skies.BTW, I have never been refused a jumpseat with anyone or any carrier because of my position, it is called professionalism, and to all who fly the skies I extend my sincere appreciation even when their views were totally contrary to mine.

Turbo you really are a piece of shiite! Freakin Scab. How can you talk about discrimination against a "FELLOW PILOT". Do you even know what a fellow pilot is? How can you say that when you purposely sold your fellow pilots out by scabbing?

No the original 87 Freedom pilots are not welcome on many jumpseats. They are not officially added to the scab list however there is a list floating around. BTW if anyone has updates to the Freedom list please PM me. I'm looking for info such as if any have moved on to other carriers ect...

Scootertrash,turn your email around and that is the way I feel about you. Really makes great sense doesn't it. You missed the total point of my post. But then you are just a pilot, that is the way your management feels about you.....

Last edited:
It was just a question fellas, I didn't mean to start a fight

In re-reading my original post is was very wrong and unprofessional for me to say "and flying skills", I tried to edit it out but with this new website format I couldn't get it to work. Sorry. I guess I need to read and edit before I hit the send.

It would seem to me that someone the crosses the picket-line and goes back to work, is costing the pilots that are on strike their momentum. Which is like shooting your friends in the back and yourself in the foot.

In any industry, strikes come about because things aren't great. Nobody strikes when things are good. So when your fellow pilots strike, the best chance of accomplishing the goal is to stick together.

Delta's strike cost Delta $780 Million. If they would have just given the pilots what they wanted it would have only cost $250 Million. Am I to think that those that crossed the picket-line helped the pilots get a better quality of life. I think not.

http://www.pilotmentornetwork.com/Articles_LaborIssues_jeff.html

Eastern

There are enough people on here that know absolutely nothing about the Eastern situation, were not even around at the time, spout off their opinions on a fire, ready, aim basis, to overload the new Airbus. It was a test of wills and the pilots for the most part were not even in the equation.

One thing was for sure, there was no raising the bar issue, there was a raise the intelligence issue. As stated in the other thread on this issue, I hold nothing against anyone invloved in the tragedy that was Eastern's demise. There is plenty of blame and stupidity to go around.

If nothing else, for someone studying the industry, it was an example of why this industry goes through tremendous cycles and has problems no other one does. You have multiple unions in multiple types of companies doing different things. It is why any union is never in complete control, why they try to serve many masters and serve none, and, why there is little cohesion from the other surrounding unions.

Everyone want the other guy to fight his fight and respect his lines in the sand. Bull, in the bigger picture, the receipe is one for constant upheaval and little real accomplishment.

I disagree. The Eastern Strike was about standing up for what you believed in. In this case is was against Lorenzo. The MX certainly had much to do with the eventual closing of the airline however all the employee groups said they had had enough. Something our brethren at Mesa should have learned. Now we have another Lorenzo to deal with.

TurboS7 said:
BTW any Freedom Air pilot is welcome on my jumpseat. It is this kind of unprofessinal discrimination against fellow pilot's that really pissed me off. I don't care if they are yellow, black, or white, scabs or not, agree with you or not.(Even hate Bush and love Kennedy and Kerry) Or if they have wrecked your career they should have a seat in the back, and they treat you likewise when it is your turn. That is called professionalism, a courtesy extended to all who make their living flying the skies.BTW, I have never been refused a jumpseat with anyone or any carrier because of my position, it is called professionalism, and to all who fly the skies I extend my sincere appreciation even when their views were totally contrary to mine.
I know the asst. chief at Freedumb pretty well, Gary Lightfoot, and I must say that what he and the other original Freedumb guys did was complete BS that ended up hurting the entire pilot group and they need to pay for what they did (and they will). Turbo, you will not make many friends in this industry with the attitude that it was "ok" with regards to what these clowns did. They were given a choice and unfortunately they made a very bad one that will hurt them for a very long time.... They are constantly being denied the j/s and this is exactly what should happen, bottom line. They (Freddumb guys) fhucked the entire Mesa pilot group and forced the pilots to approve a contract that was p!ss poor, below industry standards, etc, just to put a stop to this Freedumb insanity. This has nothing to do with being "professional" but everything to do with standing up for what you believe in, right versus wrong, and proving a point to these clowns so next time these guys are given a choice they will think long and hard about it. I am very surprised in your comments but I guess if you were once EAL then it all makes sense.

3 5 0

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back