Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jackotron

Man, Myth
I have heard that there is such a thing as the ALPA Scab List. Is this truth? Is it open to the public? And is there any way to get on the Scab list other than crossing the picket-line? Also, has anyone here ever denied the jumpseat to a scab?

jackotron said:
I have heard that there is such a thing as the ALPA Scab List. Is this truth? Is it open to the public? And is there any way to get on the Scab list other than crossing the picket-line? Also, has anyone here ever denied the jumpseat to a scab?
Yes. It is truth. It can be found floating around the internet, i'm sure. you join the esteemed scab list by scabbing, i.e., crossing a picket line and flying struck work. (simple as that, and only that way) and yes, jumpseats have been denied.

There are those of us who wouldn't want to jumpseat with any crew that gives a flip and pulls out the list. I wouldn't want to subject myself to their attitude and pilot skills.

The majority of the people on the list have retired, the few that are remaining are well known and/or documented at their respecitve companies. Some are now in management roles at some regionals/flight schools/cargo operators. Some have even been **forgiven**.:eek:

I personally don't see the need for the list these days, even **IF** they are on that list, my money is they are not jumpseating to begin with.

As others have mentioned.. you can find the list on the 'net, heck if you search this board you may even find one of the few links to it.

Don't captians have to give a reason for denying the jumpseat? Wouldn't your company give you guff? And what about Freedom Air?

Last edited:
Short answer.....No

Longer answer, the captain can make up a "reason" if he's so inclined.....like "It's already spoken for".

jackotron said:
Don't captians have to give a reason for denying the jumpseat? Wouldn't your company give you guff? And what about Freedom Air?
Yes they sure do deny the j/s and this does happen... Reason? not really...The original Freedumb guys are smart enough to not try this for the most part, most crews that I know will not give them a ride (he!! would freeze over first), rightfully so after what they did. They need to pay the consequences for their actions.

Turbo, I am pretty sure quite a few ex- Eastern scabs are at Miami A. so I see where you have formed this opinion from but I doubt that is the overall philosophy/mindset with many. Most I know do carry the list..

3 5 0

TurboS7 said:
There are those of us who wouldn't want to jumpseat with any crew that gives a flip and pulls out the list. I wouldn't want to subject myself to their attitude and pilot skills.
I'd like to take this opportunity to express offence on behalf of my father and his fellow rEAL pilots. Just when I was starting to see you as a human being, Turbo, you had to post this and reinforce my original opinion of you: a man devoid of morality, who'll do anything for money.

I guess once a scumbag, always a scumbag.

Someone had to say it...:D I didn't have the heart..

3 5 0

fortunately not many will second his opinions... I have heard many scabs are stuck at Miami Air, go figure....

That is right I am a real human being and I get pissed off. My fight has nothing to do with money. I have been fighting union attitudes since the day a guy smashed my windshield with a baseball bat. He wasn't with ALPA but with the teamsters. I was just trying to get to the dock to get an AOG part to my airplane in Chicago. Since them I have wanted nothing more than the break the backs of the stupidity that happens at unions. I am not againt unions per say but I am totally against the discrimination and the garbage that goes on. BTW those that are stuck at Miami her are stuck because we like it. Miami Air may not pay quite a good as other carriers but it is more than made up for in other ways. Big is big, but small is good.

Latest resources

Back