• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa President John Prater's Video Response To Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When the change is the result of already being sold out, it's too late for anything but a recall.

Originally, I was hoping for an active campaign by ALPA to first prevent this from ever becoming an NPRM; alternatively, active and vocal opposition to stop this NPRM from ever becoming a rule. Blue Ribbon ain't it.

Have you considered that you are the vocal minority?

Do you contribute to ALPA-PAC? Do you have diaolog with your Leg Affairs chairman?

Also, the goal is not to wait on this stuff till after the fact..better to be involved in your career before hand....sure you may have to buy a hotel room to attend the LEC meeting the next day... but isn't that what democracy is all about?

But let's get back to reality.... Recall.......

Even if you are successful with a recall... (sorry but I don't think you have the political skills or the support to even make ground at an LEC meeting) and you create a power vacuum..then what? Who is your successor? (Chopped Liver? aka Andy)

Finally what about all those Captains who just had their retirements yanked and need another 5 years to recoup some of their loses before they go fly frac?

Finally what about all those Captains who just had their retirements yanked and need another 5 years to recoup some of their loses before they go fly frac?

That doesn't give them the right to take money out of my pocket to recoup their losses.

I thought your position was 'fixing alpa' not being a puppet for their lack of proper execution of their duties?

I don't care. prater has gone against the majority of the membership. Woerth didn't bother me; he was a politician. prater is a liar.
As for candidates, you and I both know that there are plenty who would be more than happy to pop out of the woodwork IF there was a chance to be elected, so don't waste bandwidth talking about just two candidates. That does NOT justify prater's lies.

How about a Vote, not poll on the issue? There are those that believe you no longer hold a majority opinion.:beer:

Just watched the video, what a fcuk stick he is. I bet that conversation never took place and that dip sh1t is making it up as he goes trying to build support what what he has been secretly supporting to the FAA administrator all along.

I know this will effect us all, but Im glad that Jack0ff if not in charge of my union...

Good luck with that one ALPA... When is the next election???

BBDC8

That doesn't give them the right to take money out of my pocket to recoup their losses.

They old fogey's aren't making the change they are just going with the flow...

I thought your position was 'fixing alpa' not being a puppet for their lack of proper execution of their duties?

My intention is to get the pissed off mob to understand the dynamics of the situation so they can effect change.......

calling for recall is not going to help your situation...

He sold out the majority for his own gain.

His own gain? What does Captain Prater have to gain by all this? A pissed off mob of guys like yourself? Age-60 doesn't affect the ALPA President. He can continue to serve, and even run again, long after passing the age of 60. Sorry, but personal gain does not apply here.

I was gonna ignore this, but....

Have you considered that you are the vocal minority?

According to last 2 polls, nope. Prove me wrong though.

Do you contribute to ALPA-PAC? Do you have diaolog with your Leg Affairs chairman?

Yes, I have. But you won't see me contribute another dime to ALPA-PAC. I simply don't trust our national leadership.

Also, the goal is not to wait on this stuff till after the fact..better to be involved in your career before hand....sure you may have to buy a hotel room to attend the LEC meeting the next day... but isn't that what democracy is all about?

Like you said, the damage is done. What isn't done is how this damage occurred. I'm sure more information will come to light as time goes on, and then my friend, I won't need any, as you say, political skills or support to make ground. The facts will speak for themselves.

We are already helping them at my airline by having a targeted contribution plan to help those greatly affected by the loss of our A-plan. So yes, the younger folks are getting less to help out the senior guys on top, and I support helping them.

Ignorance can sure be a bliss, huh Rez?

Last edited:
I don't care.

I think that says it all right there. You're pissed off, so you're going to crucify someone to satisfy your blood lust. It doesn't matter what the negative effects will be, as long as you've had someone's head on a platter. Pathetic.

That's basically what Prater did in a nutshell. He saw that the majority of ALPA was against the rule change. Yet, he wants the rule to change. So he paid a lip service to the majority in ALPA and now started this whole implementation blue-ribbon crapola without even putting up a fight.

Prater needs to go.

Exactly.

PCL and Rez, what happened to "taking it back" "no surrender" etc?

Instead its just, "the rule is doomed" "get over it" etc.

Its an NPRM. How about fighting to the end and not providing political cover to Blakely? All the press coverage is quick to point out that ALPA is "divided" and mentions the change in ALPA leadership. Prater should have taken an agressive public stance, not the wink and nudge.

My intention is to get the pissed off mob to understand the dynamics of the situation so they can effect change.......

calling for recall is not going to help your situation...

1. I don't know where that middle blue statement came from when you quoted me, but it wasn't in my post.

2. My post didn't mention anything about recall.

3. Why don't you explain the dynamics so we can have some change.

Latest resources

Back