• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa President John Prater's Video Response To Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and of course the people in charge at ALPA want the rule moved to 65. how could they not? They probably had to rush to the restroom once they figured out how much more money in dues they would get

Fellas-

I am not advocating for or against Age 60. What I am advocating is repsonsibility and particpation in our Profession.....

In reality, if the membership wants a re-survey, let's do it. I am not saying that the ALPA leadership should say " You guys had your chance to let us know how you feel on Age 60 and only 37% of you care about the issue so forget the rest of you..."

However ALPA spent alot of money on an educational campaign and 63% of you DID NOT HAVE ANY CONCERN...

My issue is ....particpate.. ALPA has to spend more dues money now that your attention has been gotten.....

You cannot be a spectator in your airline career and expect to be able to have a voice.... Get off the grandstand and on to the playing field....

However ALPA spent alot of money on an educational campaign and 63% of you DID NOT HAVE ANY CONCERN...

Rez, there were a lot of us who weren't allowed to vote. I was one of them. Since this effects everyone, why were furloughees excluded? Please justify.

Rez, there were a lot of us who weren't allowed to vote. I was one of them. Since this effects everyone, why were furloughees excluded? Please justify.

DITTO!!!! I was furloughed and in good standing. Staunchly opposed to the change.

One man one vote. Except for myself and tens of thousands of other furloughees.

Is that even remotely defensible? I think not.

PIPE

I've let both the President and Administrator know how I feel.

Here's a question for all of you guys who don't want to see your career stagnate for five years, FORCING you to work past sixty to recoup what you lost. (If you even can make it up.)

If ALPA doesn't do the right thing here, what are we going to do to organize and fight this? Andy, this is the single worset thing that could possibly happen to our profession, I sense you know that. While I'm going to give ALPA the benefit of the doubt on this one, they're going to have to come out publicly and strongly against this issue very soon.

Folks, CALL YOUR LOCAL REPS IMMEDIATELY! IF WE SCREW THIS ONE UP IT'S GOING TO COST YOU HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!

I do not want to spend the next five years on reserve and missing my kid's weekends so some greedy slob can continue to line his pockets when he or she knew full well what the rules were going in!

Perhaps we could organize a group of pilots to represent our views. We could call it a...........union.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back