• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA National changes policy, now supports Age 65 retirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope you folks that were apathetic to this change don't mind your career being postponed another 5 years; you'll never makeup the lost income.
This is an outrage!!! I have a career path time-line I need to keep up with here, people! I shouldn't have to endure this because I am above it!!! (according to Embry Riddle)

Do you know what this means?!? I will have to stay at a regional THAT much longer!!! Dammit, I only wanted to fly a wide body for the majors!!! I didn't sign up for this!;)

Many older pilots had to eat a sh!t sandwich and it may or may not have been because of something they themselves did or did not do...but why make me take a bite, too?

Bon Appetite!

Do you know what this means?!? I will have to stay at a regional THAT much longer!!! Dammit, I only wanted to fly a wide body for the majors!!! I didn't sign up for this!;)

I love when some punk complaints about flying a regional jet with a 1000 hours and wanting to fly heavy iron with less than ten years in the business
You didn't sign up for what? Work? Sorry to tell you this but, that is what adults do

Well old wise one, maybe ALPA IS supporting the majority (the recent poll perhaps) and understanding that Congress is going to change it regardless of what ALPA does. Just deal with it. You'll get your turn in the left seat.

If that were the case, they would have released the results of the survey.

Guess it's yet another case of wise ALPA reps taking care of us stupid pilots, regardless of what we want... as discussed by an ASA ALPA rep the other day.

If that were the case, they would have released the results of the survey.

Guess it's yet another case of wise ALPA reps taking care of us stupid pilots, regardless of what we want... as discussed by an ASA ALPA rep the other day.

As I stated, the FAA and Congress are going to change the rule regardless. ALPA wants input while the ruling is being discussed. Smart move on ALPA's aprt I think.

For all you young guys crying about the age 65 rule save your energy, you will need it to make it to 60. The health problems you will face flying high speeds, mixed with day trips, and being pushed to the limits on duty time and minimum rest not to mention the mental toll of trying to keep a family together will most likely do you in before 55.

ALPA can be opposed to the chance and still provide input.

A fool is someone who doesn't realize he's being screwed.

giving those guys a chance to do something for themselves" is coming at my financial expense.

If you were really worried about your financial expense, you would have never gone to the regionals, or into the aviation industry at all.
You're just pissed because you realized your little pipe dream sucks, being away from home 20 days a month and making the crap pay that you do, isn't worth it.

Somebody get this biatch a tissue.

Latest resources

Back