ALPA fails at JB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sure wasn't for TWA.

I believe ALPA of today knows the 'old ALPA' screwed the TWA guys but, due to the magnitude of the possible award to those pilots, they're not going to say so. I hope the TWA guys get what's coming to them. Sounds like they were done wrong in the worst way.

However, one has to believe that with new laws in place and the likes of the old ALPA leadership gone that that sort of thing won't happen these days. No way to tell until something like that actually does happen again I guess.

I'm no ALPA expert, or even an ALPA member unfortunately, so this is all opinion and speculation.

We were talking about M&A. I'm telling you that ALPA doesn't appear to help. Here's a list of recent wins that ALPA has been a part of;

1. USAIR and Am West. - Disaster

2. TWA and American. - Sued and Convicted of DFR

3. AirTran and SWA. - Steamrolled and on the verge of a staple

4. CAL and United - Jury is still out. Not looking rosy.

How about DAL/NWA?

US/HP had nothing to do with ALPA's action. It was their inaction in not consolidating both MEC's and Prater signing the joint contract cementing the NIC. After that the east could do what it wanted.

Ah yes- the airline pilots of the US- militantly anti-union, while collectively bargaining. Just dumb. The only thing getting steamrolled is the middle class as republicans and tea baggers continue to take up for billionaires at the expense of the middle class.
Amazing.

Dude,

It's the BANKERS that are screwing the middle class. The whole "Ds vs Rs" is a charade straight out of the banker's cabal playbook to keep proles like you and I arguing amongst ourselves while they bend us over.

Q: Where did Tim Geithner work before being appointed Treasury Sec?
Q: Where did Hank Paulson work before being appointed Treasury Sec?
Q: Who originially appointed Bernanke?
Q: Who orininally appointed Greenspan?
Q: Who re-appointed Greenspan?

Answer these questions and you will see that the whole "Blue vs Red" meme is friggin theater to keep us distracted.

How old were you when you found out that "Federal Reserve Notes" are NOT issued by the US govt, but rather by a PRIVATE bank?

I don't wholly disagree- Clinton signed the repeal of glass-steagal- but there is one party in particular that has blocked funding of frank-Dodd - there is one party that refuses to see value in regulating banks and creates this free for all in the banking industry-
But these are details - there is also one party that represents anti-union airline pilots.... And we all know who that is.
We disenfranchise ourselves.
We are enemy #1 for R's- the overpaid union worker. And republicans have waged war on our career for a decade and so many still vote for them. Utterly freaking stupid. Dems don't necessarily care about us bc we don't vote for them, but they don't actively screw us bc anti-union actions on the part of a dem annoys their base.
I'll take apathy on our issues over aggression.

Jblu's problem is ALL of our problem- too many are so ideologically drawn to conservatism that we forgot that unions got this career to where it was.

Ah yes- the airline pilots of the US- militantly anti-union, while collectively bargaining. Just dumb. The only thing getting steamrolled is the middle class as republicans and tea baggers continue to take up for billionaires at the expense of the middle class.
Your CEO has representation AND a contract, but the 2000 pilots of JETBLU don't....
Amazing.

This is the truth.

I don't wholly disagree- Clinton signed the repeal of glass-steagal- but there is one party in particular that has blocked funding of frank-Dodd - there is one party that refuses to see value in regulating banks and creates this free for all in the banking industry-
But these are details - there is also one party that represents anti-union airline pilots.... And we all know who that is.
We disenfranchise ourselves.
We are enemy #1 for R's- the overpaid union worker. And republicans have waged war on our career for a decade and so many still vote for them. Utterly freaking stupid. Dems don't necessarily care about us bc we don't vote for them, but they don't actively screw us bc anti-union actions on the part of a dem annoys their base.
I'll take apathy on our issues over aggression.

Jblu's problem is ALL of our problem- too many are so ideologically drawn to conservatism that we forgot that unions got this career to where it was.

Again, true.

Why did they not pass it? Simply put, because there are a LOT of the original B6 guys were furloughed USAir and UAL pilots who blame their furlough on ALPA.

Also a lot of former TWA at Jet Blue. ALPA is going to hurt from throwing us under the bus for years to come.

After many years at JB I feel like I'm driving a Ferrari with no insurance. Get in an accident? Too bad. Lose your eyesight due to sharks with frickin' laser beams? Tough luck.

I'm making a good living right now at JB, but God help me if my health poops out or we get bought/merged. That Ferrari goes bye-bye and I'm stuck begging for rides with some crack head who's driving his Dad's Yugo.

The outcome of this vote stinks.

GP

Well apparently %58 would rather drive a Ferrari with no insurance, than a yugo with insurance. I personally would prefer a $5000 '93 Wrangler on supper swampers with insurance than a Ferrari without it. But hey to each his own. Drive safe.
As far as a M/A goes, why does everyone think a staple will happen. When was the last time a staple occured? TWA I believe. The laws regarding a staple have changed. A staple will not happen again. (knock on wood)
Also with every major retireing 3000-7000 guys in the next 10 years even a staple wouldn't mean the end of the world. Yes it would be horrible and not what anybody wants, but not the end of the world.
This industry is not and will never be a stable 30 year career for most. Pay off all your debt, be super flexible, and you will be fine. Have you ever met a guy with no debt and no kids that was angry with life? I havn't

Well apparently %58 would rather drive a Ferrari with no insurance, than a yugo with insurance. I personally would prefer a $5000 '93 Wrangler on supper swampers with insurance than a Ferrari without it. But hey to each his own. Drive safe.
As far as a M/A goes, why does everyone think a staple will happen. When was the last time a staple occured? TWA I believe. The laws regarding a staple have changed. A staple will not happen again. (knock on wood)
Also with every major retireing 3000-7000 guys in the next 10 years even a staple wouldn't mean the end of the world. Yes it would be horrible and not what anybody wants, but not the end of the world.
This industry is not and will never be a stable 30 year career for most. Pay off all your debt, be super flexible, and you will be fine. Have you ever met a guy with no debt and no kids that was angry with life? I havn't

Great....so someday if you ever get married or have a kid (look, I'm sure your German Shepard is great, but it'll never compare to having your own kid) you'll understand why many of us are disappointed and nervous for the future.

Latest resources

Back