• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA fails at JB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We were talking about M&A. I'm telling you that ALPA doesn't appear to help. Here's a list of recent wins that ALPA has been a part of;

1. USAIR and Am West. - Disaster

2. TWA and American. - Sued and Convicted of DFR

3. AirTran and SWA. - Steamrolled and on the verge of a staple

4. CAL and United - Jury is still out. Not looking rosy.

You forgot Atlas Polar.

M

Why did they not pass it? Simply put, because there are a LOT of the original B6 guys were furloughed USAir and UAL pilots who blame their furlough on ALPA.

ALPA doesn't furlough, the Company does.

Okay then. With that vote out of the way, maybe now ALPA will give the MEC at ATN the green light to finally poop or get off the pot with their AIP. :D

Ah yes- the airline pilots of the US- militantly anti-union, while collectively bargaining. Just dumb. The only thing getting steamrolled is the middle class as republicans and tea baggers continue to take up for billionaires at the expense of the middle class.
Your CEO has representation AND a contract, but the 2000 pilots of JETBLU don't....
Amazing.

Bond-McC states that a non-union pilot group will be represented by their management in a merger/acquisition. Guess how that's gonna work out?

How does it affect the jetBlue pilots that they sign individual contracts for individual terms of employment? Is it still a 5 year contract or is it a permanent contract. Bond-McCaskill only applies to "covered employees" which could be jeopardized when employees have individual non-permanent contracts of employment. For example, Bond-McCaskill does not apply to management employees.

Do jetBlue pilots have merger protections in their individual contracts? For example, does the individual contract mention that Allegheny-Mohawk protects shall be provided to the pilot.

Ah yes- the airline pilots of the US- militantly anti-union, while collectively bargaining. Just dumb. The only thing getting steamrolled is the middle class as republicans and tea baggers continue to take up for billionaires at the expense of the middle class.
Your CEO has representation AND a contract, but the 2000 pilots of JETBLU don't....
Amazing.

Exactly. I am embarrassed to be part of this pilot group today. The stuff I have heard come from the mouths of the ignorant over the last few months is simply staggering. In addition to past legacy furloughees (of which I am one), do not underestimate the incredible number of ex-Mesa "just happy to be here" crew. Many (not all) truly have no self respect.

Amazing.

and quite a contract it is. he/she got an mba...thats really hard...not really

After many years at JB I feel like I'm driving a Ferrari with no insurance. Get in an accident? Too bad. Lose your eyesight due to sharks with frickin' laser beams? Tough luck.

I'm making a good living right now at JB, but God help me if my health poops out or we get bought/merged. That Ferrari goes bye-bye and I'm stuck begging for rides with some crack head who's driving his Dad's Yugo.

The outcome of this vote stinks.

GP

Latest resources

Back