• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I says a lot about someone's character when they choose to stand with Uncle at the expense of your fellow pilots Sounds like you are expecting special privileges. It's one thing to not send in your card. But you try to put it in everybody's face by saying you burned it. BTW we're you a draft dodger?

Last edited:
I says a lot about someone's character when they choose to stand with Uncle at the expense of your fellow pilots Sounds like you are expecting special privileges. It's one thing to not send in your card. But you try to put it in everybody's face by saying you burned it. BTW we're you a draft dodger?

He's selling us out for the Gulfstream 650.

I was a fence sitter, but after reading comments from some of the ITB guys here, I am happy to say that my card is not in the mail but burned!!

You guys don't want to listen to a lot of our issues period, there are so many jabs at guys sitting on the fence, example "cut him a brake he is on board " really??

I worked under a ALPA contract for years paid my dues and life was just fine, the IBT position is KR- Bad, ALPA- Bad, IBT - Good. We'll last I checked all of ALPA's leaders are accounted for, but old Jimmy is still missing?

My mom once told me that a tiger never changes his stripes only his tactics, we'll there it is my 2 cents.

You have a right to your opinion. If that opinion is hardly fought through research and due diligence than you also deserve respect whether or not it is in line with my own.

However, just be sure that you are truly making your decision based on the real threats to your career (both personally and to your pilot group - whatever you perceive them to be) and not simply because you dislike the way someone expresses their own opinion.

Unfortunately, the "I don't like the way you said that" argument ends up sounding like my teenage daughter when choosing boyfriends - she chooses whatever we're against for the simple fact she wants to assert her own independence. She burns bridges like you burn union cards I guess. She always ends up wishing she'd been more reasonable. Surely as grown man you are more reasonable than that...

I am still a member of ALPA and find my self at flex due to my previous company filing bankruptcy. I am a proud card carrying union member (ALPA card with me all the time).

And no sir (Glorified Cabbie) did not burn the draft card, but proudly served my country, did you?

The attacks, name calling or intimidation you spit out will not help your case, I don't like what KR IS DOING to the pilot group, but the IBT is not the answer ( my opinion).

However if the IBT is voted in I will support it pay my dues, will volunteer to help improve it and to help my fellow pilots FO and Flex. All the name calling and insults from pro or anti union pilots are not helping our case at all. I am sure KR enjoy the semantics between the two groups and it just helps him not us.

So being a draft dodger, sell out, teenage girl and of bad character I hope we can still work together for the future of all our jobs.

"If we can?t reach a negotiated agreement on seniority integration, then McCaskill-Bond says a neutral arbitrator must issue a decision on integration that is ?fair and equitable.? There is no single methodology under the ?fair and equitable? standard and arbitrators consider a variety of factors.

With all due-respect V1, I believe the US/AW ruling, and US's subsequent actions, have shown that binding-arbitration, as you describe above, 'ain't worth the paper the arbitrator typed it on'.

Now, if the Nic list is sent to the APA, I'll stand corrected and send you a case of your fav.... ;-)

I am still a member of ALPA and find my self at flex due to my previous company filing bankruptcy. I am a proud card carrying union member (ALPA card with me all the time).

And no sir (Glorified Cabbie) did not burn the draft card, but proudly served my country, did you?

The attacks, name calling or intimidation you spit out will not help your case, I don't like what KR IS DOING to the pilot group, but the IBT is not the answer ( my opinion).

However if the IBT is voted in I will support it pay my dues, will volunteer to help improve it and to help my fellow pilots FO and Flex. All the name calling and insults from pro or anti union pilots are not helping our case at all. I am sure KR enjoy the semantics between the two groups and it just helps him not us.

So being a draft dodger, sell out, teenage girl and of bad character I hope we can still work together for the future of all our jobs.

No, I said I think you're better than that and to be careful about getting overly emotional in your decisions (like burning your union card) simply because you want to assert your independence or voice a little negativity back.

Okay so in your opinion IBT is not the answer. So then what is the answer? I'm pretty sure the guys in the know have said on here the other unions aren't interested.

Do you really think your pilot group can survive KR without a union? If so, what gives you that confidence? If your answer is no, remember IBT is the only union interested in helping you.

Don't be turned off by how people respond, just actually give them something to respond to...

Better yet go to the union boars and discuss it. Bonus for you is I'm not there! But I'm so happy to be left out of the discussion if it means you get somewhere.

Last edited:
I along with tons of you did not like the ibt . Then I read the bios of all the people running the airline division of the ibt . They are all retired alpa guys from the majors . I did my due diligence and called and asked them questions . My honest conclusions - we need the ibt to protect us from kenn . No other choice . We simply cannot work for directional without a contract . Now that's something you can take to the bank . Bottom line if kenn and Dac had a history of doing right by people we would not even be having this discussion

Latest resources

Back