• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think alpa is an excellent choice. I also think Rat and V1 should nominate themselves as lead counsel for the card drive for that movement. A cause worth fighting for surely is worth the risk of placing themselves squarely in the cross heirs of Kenneth Ricci like the 8 leaders did for them in the card drive for the teamsters.

Finally, a coherent post. Thank you. The card is in the mail because I know without enough votes we can't vote anyone in.

Exactly! Trying to divide the pilot group between which union is really just a nuanced version of a stall tactic about any vote and probably sent straight from management cronies if not at least encouraged by them.

As RH said in his latest email, it is almost too late... Of course he meant that to discourage you and keep the iffy stance of some squarely on the side of management but you are smarter than that!

Exactly! Trying to divide the pilot group between which union is really just a nuanced version of a stall tactic about any vote and probably sent straight from management cronies if not at least encouraged by them.

As RH said in his latest email, it is almost too late... Of course he meant that to discourage you and keep the iffy stance of some squarely on the side of management but you are smarter than that!

I'm not on the fence on whether we need a contract or not. That ship sailed last month and I'm on it. I'm just not one to blindly do what I'm told without exhausting other options.

V1. If you can't figure out what is in your best interest by now....

You'll never accept me into your circle no matter what I say from here out because I chose to question your wisdom, and that's fine. I realized many years ago that folks like you don't welcome outside thinking.

Sounds like the guys ^^ on board now. He's sent in a card, so I say we cut him a break.

Looks like the "ALPA phase" of this campaign is officially over!

From what I have been reading and hearing on the road I have come to the conclusion that a union at Flex is now inevitable and that KR has also come to that conclusion as well.

It is now in his best interest to try to delay the vote as long as he can to drag this whole process out. A year ago he wanted the vote right away since he knew he would probably win, now the tide has turned and I am sure he is smart enough to realize that all the FO and Flex pilots will soon be represented by a union.

I remember being in the same position as the Flex pilots now find themselves, the uncertainty of what is going to happen next, who will get called into CGF and what will be taken away next. It was a stressful time at work as well as at home.

The first relief we had was when the union vote took place and it passed, the second was when the contract negotiations were concluded and we voted on the CBA. When the CBA passed and we started to work under a contract. The stress and worry we felt went away and the atmosphere at work improved and the job became enjoyable again.

Get those cards in and get the vote finished ASAP the sooner it gets done the sooner you will be able to put all of this behind you and return to some sort of normalcy at work.

Stay strong and stick together.

Finally, a coherent post. Thank you. The card is in the mail because I know without enough votes we can't vote anyone in.
It was a good choice to send in the card and give yourself the option. I know there is no option but to work for KR with a contract and not "at will".

I know that sending in a union card and even voting yes for the union goes against everything that you felt you have worked towards in your career. The feeling deep down that what is happening couldn't really be happening and how is this my only option.

But what about all those feelings of uncertainty, wondering when the next major change from KR is coming, what will be that change, etc......

All the anguish and guilt and uncertainty that you probably feel, it's not because you failed the company, it's because the company failed you and will continue to fail you unless some action is taken.

That relief will come the moment the ballot count is done and the vote is a yes, you don't believe it right now, but it's true. You will wonder if you are making the right choice, who do I trust, who do I belief, what should I do. But all the uncertainty, the doubt, the pressure, it all comes off when that yes vote is announced. And then you know what path you will be headed down and exactly what is expected of you and of the company. No more "I wasn't aware of that, so I don't have to give it you" lies, no more changes on a whim.

It will be a huge relief, you just don't know how much it will be, right now.

Latest resources

Back