• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA and SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not nearly a 20 year captain but close, and most are of the same way, no thankyou ALPA. Wev'e been through so many drives and after the fact most if not all are happy with what we have.

ALPA is going to have to come up with a substantial performance package and history to push the majority to make this happen. What ahppened 30 years ago is not relevent.

I've been here over 20....speak for yourself!

I'm not nearly a 20 year captain but close, and most are of the same way, no thankyou ALPA. Wev'e been through so many drives and after the fact most if not all are happy with what we have.

ALPA is going to have to come up with a substantial performance package and history to push the majority to make this happen. What ahppened 30 years ago is not relevent.

Im not talking about about the past 30 years, just the previous seven. I guess you are ok with jerry and the boys lying right to your face. If you are ok with that then you are probably lacking a little integrity yourself.

by the way close does not =20YEARS

Speaking of integrity you are probably one of the SAPA reps than continue to sell this pilot group down the river.

"Our Mission Statement and Guiding Principles We understand and value the priceless commodity of time. We respect every individual's quality of life and are committed to promoting dignity and trust in all we do.

We Strive To Be:
The Airline of Choice
The Employer of Choice
The Investment of Choice

Our Guiding Principles:
Health and Safety First
Excellent Service and Quality
Personal and Operational Reliability
Fairness and Consistency
Respect and Teamwork
Personal and Corporate Integrity
Superior Profitability & Efficient Use of All Resources "

This obviously means nothing to you.

Last edited:
I was always told if isn't broke don't fix it. Going ALPA would just even the playing field for the have-not regionals. They know we hold an unfair advantage over them by not having a union. Thanks for the rhetoric. Get back to us when a vote is actually in place. Until then, I'll just consider it a worn out scare tatic.

The funny thing is that a lot of ALPA supporters are leaving for non union airlines like Virgin America or JetBlue. This shows me they just want to hurt SkyWest and have a chance to stir the pot. Why are you ALPA guys leaving for non union places??

The jB guys are calling ALPA. VA exist on paper.

non union... it seems to me most places are unionized. care to address the Southwest factor? I asked you already but you didn't reply... or did I miss it?

ALPA is going to have to come up with a substantial performance package and history to push the majority to make this happen.

What ahppened 30 years ago is not relevent.

Have you read Flying the Line Vol I and II? yes or no? (that goes for you too Newman)

What will happen in 5-10 years in relevent. Will you be prepared?

Several of our ASA ALPA reps are on the organizing committee, and according to them it's going pretty well. I don't believe they share the "ALPA propaganda" you speak of. In fact, WF is on the ALPA board saying that they already have 45% of the cards back and look to hold a vote this summer or early fall aftet they get 75%.

The union detractors will always tell you ALPA sucks and the union supporters will always tell you you need it. Ignore the vocal fringes and look to the middle. All unions are a double edged sword, but it's like homeowners insurance. You don't need it until you need it, but if you need it and don't have any, you're screwed.

Skywest 'aint a mom & pop operation anymore. Y'all need the protection a union provides, because the good times always come to an end eventually. Once we sign our contract at ASA, the tables are going to turn on the growth.

www.skywestalpa.org

I'll be waiting in anticipation.....yaaaawn!

I was always told if isn't broke don't fix it. Going ALPA would just even the playing field for the have-not regionals. They know we hold an unfair advantage over them by not having a union. Thanks for the rhetoric. Get back to us when a vote is actually in place. Until then, I'll just consider it a worn out scare tatic.

It IS broke: PBS, Bucket system, cancellation pay changed, no jr man pay for DH, drawn out "negotiations" for a crappy 5% BHO, nothing for the brasilia, management pay freezes to convince others to take pay freezes then management gets trued-up while the rest of us lose out to inflation...

You'd have to be here for more than a couple years to notice it, but compensation and QOL are moving in the wrong direction. Meanwhile SW keeps making money hand over fist.

This is way I see it. There is very little internal support for ALPA. Sure there is the 35 or 40 guys, and gals, on the OC and another couple of hundred supporters, but thats about it. Most of the push is coming from the outside, and obviously, those people can't vote. There just aren't that many pissed off-fire in the belly, type of people at Skywest.

A lot of the people who wanted the union and sent in the original cards have moved on. The UA guys have gone, or are going to get recalled, also a lot of people have left for Continental, Alaska, Southwest, etc.

Barring any major, in your face, screw ups by the company, I don't see more than about 450-500 votes. People here just aren't pissed off!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back