• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA and SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest VARS update said that the numbers of cards required for a secret ballot has been exceeded......So much for the drive being dead.

We already knew this. All you need is 35% of the cards to hold a vote. Getting 75% will be an uphill battle. They are grasping at whatever positive news they can get. BTW it took over 3 months just to get around 1/3 of the pilot group. The rate has obviously slowed down at this point.

Thanks for the free hot dog offers guys but I am not willing to sign a card just to get free racoon meat. I will buy my own racoon meat and hamburgers. I belive they have around upper 30s lower 40s of the cards signed. A lot of people signed those cards not knowing what they were doing. In the end the majority of us do not want ALPA here. Even the OC members think this drive needs a hail mary miracle to pass. Thank God you need 50% plus one of ALL eligible voters to vote the union in. I just want to remind everyone if you don't want any union at SkyWest do not vote in the election.

I would also like to ask why aren't we holding an election now? Not holding an election shows me even ALPA is scared it probably won't pass so they want to stir the pot making our lives miserable as long as possible. So lets hear it ALPA supporters why are you gloating that you can legally hold an election? You guys are obviously too scared to actually hold one. I don't want an unconfident organization representing us. You either believe we want it or you don't. I for one just want us all to get on with our lives. This has been going on for two years now. The funny thing is that a lot of ALPA supporters are leaving for non union airlines like Virgin America or JetBlue. This shows me they just want to hurt SkyWest and have a chance to stir the pot. Why are you ALPA guys leaving for non union places??

Why are you ALPA guys leaving for non union places??

JetBlue and Virgin America pay more. You knew that, didn't you?

How, exactly, is the union drive making your life miserable? Maybe you should be talking these feelings out with a therapist.

In the past month or so, payroll has changed the way they pay us for cancelled legs AND now claim that DH on a JR man assignment does not qualify for time-and-a-half.

It seems that SkyWest knows a union is likely to pass, and they want these new "policies" to be considered "status quo" while we negotiate our first contract. Either that, or they're being a bunch of priks.

This one won't pass. Same old story, the union pushers talk it up as if it will pass and the vote comes and goes. Just part of working at Skywest.

Last edited:
How can you feel that way with the arbitrary new "interpretations" of policy lately?

Are you aware that with a union, we would have a binding contact? Management would be held legally liable if they decided not to follow the contract.

cry

How, exactly, is the union drive making your life miserable? Maybe you should be talking these feelings out with a therapist.

Exactly........ newoman (100% wussy) needs his midol to make it through the Union drive.

I would just like the truth.. This is so alpa to do this. If you want SkyWest then start by giving us the facts. How many cards are back. Eveyone you talk to has a different story. This is why most of us left alpa airlines to come to SkyWest! My guess is they have the 35% and are just trying to stir the pot, keep things alive. What ever!!!

You obviously need a history lesson about SkyWest management, only then will you realize that management does not give a rats A$$ about "Being the employer of choice". If you ever get the chance to fly with a 20 year captain be humble enough and ask them to fill you in on management's failures.

Exactly. What is ALPA supposed to do? E-mail you every time a card is turned in?

Maybe Newwoman could do all of us a favor and OD on whatever drugs he/she is on!

You obviously need a history lesson about SkyWest management, only then will you realize that management does not give a rats A$$ about "Being the employer of choice". If you ever get the chance to fly with a 20 year captain be humble enough and ask them to fill you in on management's failures.

I'm not nearly a 20 year captain but close, and most are of the same way, no thankyou ALPA. Wev'e been through so many drives and after the fact most if not all are happy with what we have.

ALPA is going to have to come up with a substantial performance package and history to push the majority to make this happen. What ahppened 30 years ago is not relevent.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back