• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA and SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA is keeping track of who has left that turned in cards. Those aren't counted in the totals. Trust me, it's a lot more than a "couple of hundred" supporters.

cha ching

This is way I see it. There is very little internal support for ALPA. Sure there is the 35 or 40 guys, and gals, on the OC and another couple of hundred supporters, but thats about it. Most of the push is coming from the outside, and obviously, those people can't vote. There just aren't that many pissed off-fire in the belly, type of people at Skywest.

A lot of the people who wanted the union and sent in the original cards have moved on. The UA guys have gone, or are going to get recalled, also a lot of people have left for Continental, Alaska, Southwest, etc.

Barring any major, in your face, screw ups by the company, I don't see more than about 450-500 votes. People here just aren't pissed off!

The top 1/3rd lifers may not be pissed off because they aren't going anywhere. (SAD) I would say the middle 3rd and part of the bottom 3rd are going to continue to be pissed off, sick and tired of the current trend. IF SAPA would have bended instead of broke into a million peices over that GAY BHO raise, then we might have had a chance of some real improvements.

ALPO may not be the best but it is better than the current excrement we have.

by the way close does not =20YEARS

We Strive To Be:
The Airline of Choice
The Employer of Choice
The Investment of Choice

Our Guiding Principles:

Personal and Operational Reliability
Fairness and Consistency

This obviously means nothing to you.

What a hogwash.. SAPA is not going to side with you no matter what. I quit that airline when one of the training captains was yelling profanities in the sim. Don't even get me started on people picking on my name , saying sh!t like 'what happened to names like John or Steve" .. oh yeah i am a freaking foreigner of course.. What do i have to say about it?
On the other hand a 'professional pilot' who was wagging his tool was being procted by management because they go to the same church..

What a hogwash.. SAPA is not going to side with you no matter what. I quit that airline when one of the training captains was yelling profanities in the sim. Don't even get me started on people picking on my name , saying sh!t like 'what happened to names like John or Steve" .. oh yeah i am a freaking foreigner of course.. What do i have to say about it?
On the other hand a 'professional pilot' who was wagging his tool was being procted by management because they go to the same church..

You shouldnt have let the training captain wash you out like that. There is a small number of instructors like GB at every airline. They try and wash out as many new hires as they can.

BM,
i was able to handle it for 2 days.. this was on top of the ground school experience from JG.. i guess they won at the end.. oh well..and yes it was GB.. :(

The top 1/3rd lifers may not be pissed off because they aren't going anywhere. (SAD) I would say the middle 3rd and part of the bottom 3rd are going to continue to be pissed off, sick and tired of the current trend. IF SAPA would have bended instead of broke into a million peices over that GAY BHO raise, then we might have had a chance of some real improvements.

ALPO may not be the best but it is better than the current excrement we have.

If your assessment of the pilot group were correct that would have translated to about 70% of the pilots. But reality doesn't bare that out. The top 1/3 of the pilots, because they are "lifers", as a whole, are more supportive of the union drive than the rest of the group. If you were right, there would not have been any problem getting 60-70% of the cards sent in. So the bottom guys may be "upset", but they are not PISSED OFF. Their feelings do not translate into action.

I also had similar experiences at the training department. I had an instructor tell me about affirmative action and how people like me were here for only one reason. I always thought skywest was a professional organization until i went through their training department. When i was at Flight Safety at their break room, i overheard one instructor talking about how one religious group should not be hired for security reasons. Its okay to have opinions but you dont have to share it while newhires are going through training and subject them to their political opinions. It should always stay professional and there is a time and place for ALL conversations but i didnt think it was very appropriate during new hire training. I have left skywest but if i were there, i would definitely vote for the union.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back