• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha and Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just got back from a 3 day trip, and saw an article that claimed AQ is sending back 4 more planes next month. Is this right? Are they actually sending the planes back, or are they just cancelling four flights?

My understanding is that two already went back (in the last few weeks or so) and the other two are going back in September.

NOW...you're missing it!

Mango and strawberry margaritas, with Herradurra Reposado.

Get over here!

av8tortype said:
I did read about an Island Air pilot retiring from WP a year or two ago. I guess reaching the top of the scale can be done. Anything new from FlyHI?

Fly Hi supposedly will start arriving in December. They received 121 certification through some company called Empire I believe. At least this is what we were told.

slatsnfive said:
Fly Hi supposedly will start arriving in December. They received 121 certification through some company called Empire I believe. At least this is what we were told.

Is that the motivation for WP getting the -400s this year? Wonder if any Island guys plan to jump ship. I'll pass the word if I see any lime green ATRs heading over the west coast for HNL. For some of these birds it just may be their second transpac to Hawaii.

Is that the motivation for WP getting the -400s this year? Wonder if any Island guys plan to jump ship. I'll pass the word if I see any lime green ATRs heading over the west coast for HNL. For some of these birds it just may be their second transpac to Hawaii.

This FlyHi operation is still in need of MAJOR FINANCING to the tune of 25-30 Mill the last I heard!!!!

It would be very risky for any WP guys to jump ship to a unknown startup with no financing and no A/c to speak of.

This guy whom is behind this startup (owner of Lion Coffee) should stick to making coffee and be very careful pouring his and investors $$$ (if he ever gets any??) into this venture!!!

The graveyard of interisland carriers is a long and very distiguished (Mid-Pac, Discovery, Mahalo and if they want FlyHi.)

Erndogg said:
This FlyHi operation is still in need of MAJOR FINANCING to the tune of 25-30 Mill the last I heard!!!!

It would be very risky for any WP guys to jump ship to a unknown startup with no financing and no A/c to speak of.

This guy whom is behind this startup (owner of Lion Coffee) should stick to making coffee and be very careful pouring his and investors $$$ (if he ever gets any??) into this venture!!!

The graveyard of interisland carriers is a long and very distiguished (Mid-Pac, Discovery, Mahalo and if they want FlyHi.)

I must agree with Erndogg,

Start-ups are risky to begin with. However, in Hawaii, its even more so because it could mean you'll have to leave the islands to find work. Its a small community and you must be careful when burning bridges.

As for the Lion Coffee guy, he must be bored and looking for big challeges to want to brave todays airline industry. I wish FlyHI good luck. ;)

I agree about WP guys jumping ship to Fly Hi. Bad idea. Then again, you never know. I knew a guy at National who left to be in the second class at Jet Blue, and everyone who knew him told him he was an idiot.

The problem if they do get financing is it will set Hawaiian, Aloha, and Island Air back for years. Look at the fare wars with Mahalo. Today, the coupons are gone, and the interisland market is finally a money maker. I know cheap fares are good for the passengers, but until interisland commuting is subsidised, it is still a business. But, what the hell do I care since I am flying in Scotland. Is flyhi hiring? Forgive the spelling, I've been at the pub.

Latest resources

Back