• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mdanno808

Maika'i Card Member
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8613322/

So where is this going? What does Aloha's ALPA council plan on doing? It is amazing to me how screwed up the airline business is. A puchase which includes pay off's, a buyback clause, and shared resources with the seller, which now claims to be an autonomous entity. Good luck guys. I hope Farris makes the right decision, although in matters such as these he has a checkered past.

BTW, to any island air pilot's out there, when do the big planes start to arrive, and what is WP's council's position on the scope between Hawaiian and Aloha?

How to cut your own throat

Aloha is suing its own pilots??? So how is that suppose to work??? Don't they have bigger fish to fry.......like CH11??? Whatever,:rolleyes:

Last edited:
snipped from the article above:

[The highest hourly wage of an Aloha pilot on an interisland flight is $109.09, compared with $108 for Island Air pilots.

Island Air recently raised the wages of all its employees by about 30 percent while Aloha negotiated a wage cut of about 20 percent.]

So, which WP pilot is pulling in the $108/hour? Must include tips.

The truth be told, Aloha LOST the grievance and they are suing to increase the scope clause from to 120 flights a day, and they want to be able to code share on any size airplane, maybe even 737's...

This was their offer AFTER THEY LOST the grievance! Amazing. They must really take us for fools. Holy crap do I have a few questions for the hanger hui....

mdanno808 said:

So where is this going? What does Aloha's ALPA council plan on doing? It is amazing to me how screwed up the airline business is. A puchase which includes pay off's, a buyback clause, and shared resources with the seller, which now claims to be an autonomous entity. Good luck guys. I hope Farris makes the right decision, although in matters such as these he has a checkered past.

BTW, to any island air pilot's out there, when do the big planes start to arrive, and what is WP's council's position on the scope between Hawaiian and Aloha?

mdanno808 said:

The first one in November, 2nd in March and the third in June, supposedly.
Hope this helps, Take care my friend.

av8tortype said:
snipped from the article above:

[The highest hourly wage of an Aloha pilot on an interisland flight is $109.09, compared with $108 for Island Air pilots.

Island Air recently raised the wages of all its employees by about 30 percent while Aloha negotiated a wage cut of about 20 percent.]

So, which WP pilot is pulling in the $108/hour? Must include tips.

I though those pay rates were typos but its actually accurate.

So, they lost the grievance, and want to impose a new, less restrictive scope on the pilots? WTF? Who hears this new proposal? Is it Farris, cause if it is, you guys may be in trouble. He is not the most labor friendly man in the world. Good luck either way.

islandhopper said:
I thought those pay rates were typos but its actually accurate.

I did read about an Island Air pilot retiring from WP a year or two ago. I guess reaching the top of the scale can be done. Anything new from FlyHI?

Latest resources

Back