• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALOHA airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does that mean that night cargo would get $5.62/hr for Capt and $4.50/hr for FO on top of the current night override rate, or are those just the new night cargo override rate?

Oh ya, and by the way, the "pay raises" in Jan. '08 and '09, are not pay raises at all. They are reductions in concessions. In Nov. '09, we will still be 4% below where we were before we started being raped by the company.

Last edited:
That's a nice looking large narrowbody, Pull&Rotate. ;)

I like how they structured the pay scales. I would imagine that SNB pay signals the end of our consideration of Embraer products considering the payscales of other airlines flying those.

Good job Aloha guys!

I didn't go, but I got some notes from someone that went.

It doesn't sound too bad at all:

Pay raises in 2008, 2009.

- Retro pay from November for -700/800 crews in January - comes up to 7% (5% original + 2% for -800 override). 4% in 2009.

- Bringing -200 pay up to par with -700 pay in increments over the next 2 years (every November)

Per diem on Jan 1, 2008 goes to $3.38/hour.

New pay system based off of aircraft weight:
- Small narrowbody = any aircraft with MGTOW of less than 166.5. (Logic being that they can bring a 50 seat RJ, and we're flying it at B-737-700 rate).
- Large narrowbody = any aircraft greater than 166.5
- Widebody.

- Blended pay for -700/-800 aircraft in November '08

- ER Override doubling in November '08. For FO's, it's $11.24/hour and in January of 09 it's $12.14/hour for up to 35 hours.

- Night pay - if you depart at night you get night pay for the whole trip (Captain $5.62/hr and FO is $4.50/hr)

- Company now pays for one 1st class medical per year. Submit receipt for reimbursement - no more than 5 days to get reimbursed.

- Hotel waiver credit. If you don't use your hotel room on the road, you get $50/night (LAS not included).

- Company will issue you 2 new shirts per year and 1 pair of pants every other year. Jacket and hat after 10 years.

- Training pay has changed. Ground school is now credited at 5 hours, so is sim and flight training. Travel to sim is now paid at 100% of OAG (used to be 50%). Your day off in the sim is now credited at 2:40 or 2:50 depending whether you're on 80 or 85 hour bid.

Effective Jan 1, we get to select our own crew meals.

Mandatory Internet at hotels.

Sick Leave: if you have 0 - 349 hours of sick leave, you're credited 5 hrs a month + 2 hours extra if you finish a quarter without calling in sick. 350-499 - 6 hrs a month + 1 hr a quarter. 500+ flat 7 hours. Say if you are over 500 hours and your accrual rate is now 7 hours, you cannot go below that accrual rate even if your sick leave balance falls below 500 hours.

- Vacation - bank up to 180 days. No more being forced to take vacation. 80 hour bid credit is 2:40, 85 hours is now 2:55.

- Holiday pay - 2:45 extra pay or extra vacation day. Gotta tell the company a month in advance.

- Emergency Leave - you can use 3 days of vacation with pay, up to 12 weeks of leave using vacation.

Commuter policy - 2 attempts. If you don't get on, you can get taken off the trip without pay, but you can meet your trip and finish it up, or sit RSV in the mainland. If it's an Aloha flight you're trying to get on, it's still 2 attempts, and if the airplane pushes back with any open seats, and that includes FA jumpseats, even if weight-restricted, you get adjusted off your trip WITH PAY!!

We gave a carveout in our scope for UAL codeshare, and PBGC restoration language. Also, contract is extended by 6 months. I'm guessing due to our MEC elections.

There are some major improvements about PBS I'm not too clear about... maybe someone can explain that one. The gist of it is that it'll stop the dog-robbing, and adjusting the schedules after the fact. Trips in question don't get dumped on junior people screwing up their bids - they get dumped into open time and people can pick them up at 150% rate when Open Time LOA kicks in.

Latest resources

Back