Aloha Airlines to cease passenger operations March 31

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So did I. This was my response:

Please stop e-mailing me. Mesa is a disgrace to my profession. I would rather shoot myself in the head than work as a Mesa captain yet alone first officer. I hope your company goes out of business for the sake of myself and my colleagues. Mesa will not be missed. Jonathon Ornstein should be in jail. I have no respect for anyone that would lower themselves to Mesa standards.

Sincerely,

XXXXX

If only Aloha had enough time and money to take Mesa to court. It would be Mesa that would be shutting their doors.

I hope to see the day that Mesa burns.

If only Aloha had enough time and money to take Mesa to court. It would be Mesa that would be shutting their doors.

I hope to see the day that Mesa burns.

The court case will most certainly go forward, unfortunately too late right now for Aloha. However, considering HAL got $80 million from JO (short for JackOff)/Mesa, for being damaged 'financially' with any hope, since Aloha was not only damaged financially, but 'forced out of business' hopefully the judgement will be BIG$$$$$. Maybe enough to finally force Mesa OUT OF BUSINESS, for good. Will be the Only thing good to come out of all of this. Again, Hopefully.

Best of Luck to all of the Aloha Pilots, a sad day for a real 'Class Act.'

Oh yeah, almost forgot to say, "F$%k mesa"

DA

If it helps, word on the street is that Mesa only has anywhere from 4 days to 30 days operating cash on hand themselves.

They had over 50% pilot attrition last year, 53% of that number were Captains.

I don't think they're going to last much longer themselves which is why this is such a shame for AQ.

In 2005 while vacationing on Maui, my wife and I were in this little general store in Hana and I saw a newspaper headline the stopped me in my tracks. The headline that day was "Mesa to bring jobs to Hawaii with new airline".

Ironicly that article was very positive that this would be a good thing for Hawaii. Wonder what the headline from that same paper is today?

I used to think that Mesa was such a sh*t bag carrier because the pilots kept moving on to better jobs. I don't think that anymore. There is no where to go. They are stuck where they are at. They have no reason to continue to set the bar lower and lower and continue to put fellow pilots out of work. Mesa pilots, its time for you to stand up for yourself. You are not helping yourself by putting other carriers out of business. Maybe other carriers pilots need to start denying these clowns the jump seat as an incentive. Right now, Mesa pilots are scabs in my book.

Mesa is on the endangered species list right now, they are too heavily weighted with 50 seat RJ's. I predict Chapter 11 by December.

After aloha wins their settlement, take $1 million of the settlement, and throw the biggest f'n party right in front of Mesa HQ. and at the end of the night...get everyone together and do a "full moon", take a pic, frame it, have everyone sign it, and send it to JO with the header "JO...u can kiss our asses..."

really sux for you guys. our etops guy is former aloha and is a cool guy. i'm sure he's indicative of the pilot group. hopefully you guys will fall on your feet.

Mookie

The way Hawaii works, I would imagine J.O. nor ny of his family will ever be safe there. In fact, I surmise he will need full-time security detail forhis entire family even in California for many years to come. Hawaiians don't take this kind of stuff too lightly. Actually, they don't take much too lightly.

Latest resources

Back