• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines to cease passenger operations March 31

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No but you are apparently are living on the ISLAND OF DENIAL. Mesa didn't put Aloha out of business the people who bought tickets from Mesa put Aloha out of business (see Wal Mart vs. small town store).

If the Hawaiian's want to get pissed at somebody for driving Aloha out of business they should look in the mirror.

BINGO! we have a winner, also let examine every other airline that has operated at less than break even so that they could get rid of the competition.

Gavarnie Holding, LLC purchased Aloha Island Air from Aloha Air Group on may 11, 2004 and re named it Island Air. They are independent of ALOHA now.

No but you are apparently are living on the ISLAND OF DENIAL. Mesa didn't put Aloha out of business the people who bought tickets from Mesa put Aloha out of business (see Wal Mart vs. small town store).

If the Hawaiian's want to get pissed at somebody for driving Aloha out of business they should look in the mirror.

Yea just Like it's not the crack dealer's fault your kids are hooked and selling them self for sex.

As an employee of Hawaiian Airlines, my heart goes out to all of my family, friends and flying partners across the ramp at Aloha.

Throughout the years we have had a "love-hate relationship" with them, but in it we supported each other.

I still can not fathom ALOHA closing. It's like an end of an era.

Erndogg
Aloha Island Air Allum 1997-1999

Last edited:
good luck

God Bless everyone, my prayers are with you.

Lets all get out and vote, be proactive, and try to prevent the corporate greed and lack of regulation that fostered this sad situation. I for one am writing the CEO of every major that codeshares with YV and demanding they drop YV services, my senators asking for oversight after that. get the word out with your friends not to support these type of operators. Its not much but its a start.

If you want to be technical about it, yes - the passengers chose GO! over AQ and that led to a decrease in ticket sales. Unfortunately, they too are considered a pawn in J.O's game. What Go! engaged in was probably considered a predatory pricing tactic to drive out competition while breaking even or taking a loss until you've driven out the competition. It preys on the traveling public who naturally want low fares over any alligency to an airline.

It's the Go! airlines business model which led to Aloha's demise. Not the passengers choice of airline.

Latest resources

Back