• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines to cease passenger operations March 31

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Johonny O is this generation's Frank Lorenzo. We should all call on our congressmen and women for legislation to stop wreckless business precatices.

J.O. loses hundreds of million of dollars to put AQ out of busines for what? A 5% division of his airline?

What a jackoff.

And Fk the Mesa pilots who played a part in this. I use to take the position that they're just pilots going to work and they have no choice. But when you played a role in putting another airline out of business, one that was run superbly, you're part of the problem.

FK off MESA!

I used to not subscribe to the philosophy above but, in this case, I agree.

It's hard to accuse ANY Regional of "lowering the bar" but Mesa has that mantle now.

Shameful!

Good luck to all the AQ people! :( TC

Freight Dog, I hope I can adequetly convey my feelings here as a Hawaiian Pilot. Frankly it feels like a kick in the stomach. I have some very good freinds at AQ and this feels like a personal loss. The Hawaii market has always been a wild one and Hawaiian has been on the ropes itself, fortunatly not when Go was illegally operating and oil went through the roof. Another time and it could have been us. Hawaii should be served by HAL and AQ, not Go. A lot of people feel that way and not just airline employee's. My wife doesn't work in the airline industry and she is all the time hearing resentment towards Go from the general public. In a nutshell, this really sucks.
Good luck pal, and hang in there.

Damn Mesa Management And Jo...

Some company can hang around BK for years on end, getting bailed by legislators, and some get flushed within a month... So long, Aloha...

Best of luck to the Aloha crews. Does this leave Go as the only option for inter-island travel (besides Hawaiian)?

This fu--ing sucks. All because of Johnny O and his scumbag bottom feeding operation.

Did you know there are people who spend $50k+ on training, then they go PAY to be in the right seat of a turboprop? Just so they can log turbine time. Sad but true.

Did you know there are people who spend $50k+ on training, then they go PAY to be in the right seat of a turboprop? Just so they can log turbine time. Sad but true.
And there are thousands of these people at every major airline. ALPA is just as much to blame.

Some company can hang around BK for years on end, getting bailed by legislators, and some get flushed within a month... So long, Aloha...

This is going to be the case this time around. Any airline in cash trouble isn't going to be able to find additional cash to keep operations going. Investment money has dried up.

To everyone at Aloha, I'm sorry to hear this. Good luck to all of you. :(

Latest resources

Back