Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dog

you are right, the '04 rate for -700 is 144.39
that comes from the '04 rate of 134.68 + 9.71 (for -700)

I assume when they say a 13% pay cut, they mean from the book rate of134.68 and the -700 added compensation will not change. If they make it13% from the gross pay, then the numbers will be different. But ineither case it will not be at Sun Country levels.

Well, the numbers are out, and for some reason (exaggeration effects?) WW gave me, and everyone else in remote dispatch that day, bad scoop.

Looks like only a 10% pay cut.

Oh, and no more contraction, says PC.

Go figure.

LATEST NEWS
7:23 PM HST Monday
Aloha Air settles with pilots
Aloha Airlines and its 338 pilots have reached agreement on a new 28-month contract. It takes effect Feb. 1 and runs through Apr. 30, 2007.

"I applaud our pilot workforce for their willingness to work with the company to improve our competitive positioning during these challenging times for our industry," said Aloha CEO David Banmiller. "Their action exemplifies the can-do spirit that continues to prevail throughout this company's 58-year history."

The privately-held carrier and the Air Line Pilots Association Council 80 jointly announced the agreement Monday but said they had agreed not to release details of the tentative contract agreement at this time.

"The Aloha pilots have the best interests of Aloha and the people of Hawaii at heart," said ALPA Council 80 Master Executive Chairman David Bird.

The agreement came just a few weeks in Aloha's Chapter 11 bankruptcy, in sharp contract to Hawaiian Airlines, which has been in receivership for a year and is still negotiating terms with its own pilots, also members of ALPA. Hawaiian's situation is complicated by the pilots having already agreed to concessions a year ago, promised at the time that no further concessions would be sought.

"We're motivated to do our part in helping promote growth and profitability for our members and our company," said Richard Bockhaus, lead negotiator for the union side in the Aloha negotiations.

Like Hawaiian, and indeed like all mainland carriers, Aloha has reeled from soaring jet fuel prices. Banmiller, who has been CEO for only a short time, has sought to cut costs by pulling out of Pacific international markets, and this week announced plans to stop flying to Vancouver and Burbank in favor of adding service to San Diego and Orange County.

English, where did you get that press release?

English said:
LATEST NEWS
7:23 PM HST Monday
Aloha Air settles with pilots
AlohaAirlines and its 338 pilots have reached agreement on a new 28-monthcontract. It takes effect Feb. 1 and runs through Apr. 30, 2007.

"I applaud our pilot workforce for their willingness to work with thecompany to improve our competitive positioning during these challengingtimes for our industry," said Aloha CEO David Banmiller. "Their actionexemplifies the can-do spirit that continues to prevail throughout thiscompany's 58-year history."

The privately-held carrier and the Air Line Pilots Association Council80 jointly announced the agreement Monday but said they had agreed notto release details of the tentative contract agreement at this time.

"The Aloha pilots have the best interests of Aloha and the people ofHawaii at heart," said ALPA Council 80 Master Executive Chairman DavidBird.

The agreement came just a few weeks in Aloha's Chapter 11 bankruptcy,in sharp contract to Hawaiian Airlines, which has been in receivershipfor a year and is still negotiating terms with its own pilots, alsomembers of ALPA. Hawaiian's situation is complicated by the pilotshaving already agreed to concessions a year ago, promised at the timethat no further concessions would be sought.

"We're motivated to do our part in helping promote growth andprofitability for our members and our company," said Richard Bockhaus,lead negotiator for the union side in the Aloha negotiations.

Like Hawaiian, and indeed like all mainland carriers, Aloha has reeledfrom soaring jet fuel prices. Banmiller, who has been CEO for only ashort time, has sought to cut costs by pulling out of Pacificinternational markets, and this week announced plans to stop flying toVancouver and Burbank in favor of adding service to San Diego andOrange County.

English said:
Well, the numbers are out, and for some reason(exaggeration effects?) WW gave me, and everyone else in remotedispatch that day, bad scoop.

it was supposed to be higher.. but our negotiating team got it lowered thru superior firepower...

English said:
Looks like only a 10% pay cut.

only? how about sharing some of that money you're rolling around in... ;)

a little late here, but i was the one who gave john the numbers for our pay and they do in fact include the 10% cut as freight dog mentioned. the new numbers should be out soon...

mm

MiniMeGotWings said:
a little late here, but i was the one who gavejohn the numbers for our pay and they do in fact include the 10% cut asfreight dog mentioned. the new numbers should be out soon...

mm

yes, you are late.. but you are excused as i have seen you working a lot lately. ;)

Latest resources

Back