• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fly4surf said:
so,
not to spread rumors,BUT...
heard today about Mesa(whoever owns them anyway) buying a chunk of Aloha. guess it happened yesterday??? wondering myself why that wasn't in the paper along with the HAL/AQ stuff.
Guess we will see monday, in the paper. glad i'm not the only one!

They may have put in an offer ( no idea just going along here ), but the Judge has to decide if it's allowed or not..Just remember ATA just a few weeks ago..

Well, Maybe I am naive. But from that article, if anything, Banmiller is a far better communicator than that retard before him. At least it sounds like there is a plan; a plan that potentially involve 717, DC, Midway, cut routes that suck, add routes that work, red-eye, and etc. All the sheeeit that all of us were woundering YTF not all along. I could sleep better tonight, at least until Monday.

At least it sounds like there is a plan; a plan that potentially involve 717, DC, Midway, cut routes that suck, add routes that work, red-eye, and etc.

Funny how he tells the papers his plan, but when the MEC asks, the company has no details of the plan.
FYI: there will not be 717s, Boeing has decided to shut down production.

Ask WW. He told me the salaries will be just barely above Sun Country, as listed on airlinepilotpay.com. He told me this the day before the cancelled meeting. So, unless something changed, or he was lying to me (which I doubt), then I believe the salaries are going to put AQ just above Sun Country.

Well on airlinepilotpay.com at Sun Country a 5 yr CA makes $92/hr
If AQ rates go to something close to that, it would be a 40% pay cut
and the MEC will have a revolt on their hands.

Sleepyhead said:
FYI: there will not be 717s, Boeing has decided to shut down production.

yeah, but theres probably a handful shrinkwrapped in the desert, or Long Beach or somewhere.

(if they were selling like hotcakes, Boeing prob wouldnt stop making em)

Just a thought

Sleepyhead said:
I don't see how you can say AQs pay will be in the Sun Country range.
Using the numbers on airlinepilotpay and calculating for a 75 hr month , here is what you end up with.

..............AQ..... SC.... UAL
5 yr CA $9200 $6900 $ 9000
5 yr FO $5978 $4575 $ 5775

(the above rates assume UAL will take the 13.8% cut in their current TA and that the rumor of a 13% cut at AQ will take place)

I would say AQ is looking more like UAL than Sun Country.
and don't forget, Sun Country has no A or B plan.

for all you mathematicians out there, the AQ rates onairlinepilotpay.com does not reflect our 10% we are currently taking. the current 10% is taken off in your paycheck after you are paid atfull book rates, it didnt change the book rates. so, you'll have toapply a 23% cut to the rates you see on that website.

dash8driver said:
the AQ rates onairlinepilotpay.com does not reflect our 10% we are currently taking.

Well I didn't use the AQ rates on the airlinepilotpay.com site.
I don't know where he got them from.
Here is how I figure it.

134.68 (current hr rate from last paycheck)

103.70 (23% pay cut rate)
+ 9.71 (-700 compensation rate)
113.41 (-700 hr rate after a 23% cut)

8505 (75 hrs at new rate)
+578 (base pay for a 5yr CA)
9083 (monthly pay for 75 hrs)

This is not even close to Sun Country pay of $92/hr for 5 yr CA.
( SC 5 yr CA 92 x 75 = 6900)
Even if you look at -200 pay, AQ is still 11% higher than Sun Country

And if they use 2005 book rates, AQ will be about $3 higher/hr

QED

Airlinepilotpay.com does reflect our pay cut... it's just computed differently given our "mystique" :D pay rules. Hourly captain pay is the same regardless of what year captain pay you make.. the difference is your base pay. As for the FO's the percentage changes every year plus your base pay. I believe that's how the FO numbers were derived..

If you multiply the hourly pay at airlinepilotpay.com hourly by 80 hours, you'll get the base+hourly gross pay you see on your paycheck after the 10%.

Also Sleepy... I believe the 2004 rate for -700 captains was $144.39/hr which is a book rate and not counting the base pay or the 10%.

fly4surf said:
so,
not to spread rumors,BUT...
heard today about Mesa(whoever owns them anyway) buying a chunk ofAloha. guess it happened yesterday??? wondering myself why that wasn'tin the paper along with the HAL/AQ stuff.
Guess we will see monday, in the paper. glad i'm not the only one!

In his wet dreams..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back