• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant sub charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think estimates of attrition are overblown. Yeah almost everyone's looking but at the same 3 airlines (ok, plus maybe Alaska if you have a Silver Bullet and SW if you don't mind a 15-year upgrade) along with 15,000 other apps.

Could take a few years to score an interview unless you know someone.

I know senior (top 75) Captains who are looking at jetBlue, Hawaiian, multiple foreign carriers and don't forget UPS and FedEx when they start hiring again. You are right, not a mass exodus (like may occur from the bottom of the list) but more then just the Big 3.

Last edited:
And I wish them the best of luck! It's still devilishly hard to get an airline job, that's all I'm saying. Even for well-qualified folks like MD80 Captains....

I think estimates of attrition are overblown. Yeah almost everyone's looking but at the same 3 airlines (ok, plus maybe Alaska if you have a Silver Bullet and SW if you don't mind a 15-year upgrade) along with 15,000 other apps.

Could take a few years to score an interview unless you know someone.

I've thought about this same thing. 6 legacy airlines turned into 3 and two LCCs turned into one. That is more pressure on anyone interviewing and tougher on the person that doesn't interview well. I think more commuters will be under pressure to leave from either seat even for what seems like a lateral move just to get more time at home. One and two days off at a time just doesn't work.

Definitely a good move for anyone who can afford the pay hit. I wouldn't advise anyone to go to G4 anymore, even if they do live in FL.

Definitely a good move for anyone who can afford the pay hit. I wouldn't advise anyone to go to G4 anymore, even if they do live in FL.

I think the pay hit doesn't last as long as people think. With their contract you will easily surpass Allegiant FO pay in your second year (if not sooner) and will be making Allegiant CA pay in years 3-4 as a Spirit FO.

I think the pay hit doesn't last as long as people think. With their contract you will easily surpass Allegiant FO pay in your second year (if not sooner) and will be making Allegiant CA pay in years 3-4 as a Spirit FO.

If these upgrades continue one would never see year 4 pay as an FO at spirit. Currently projected at 2 years, 3 months...

Latest resources

Back