Allegiant sub charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jumppilot03

Why have there been so many sub charters oit of PIE lately? Looks like Miami Air and Suncountry have been doing a lot of Allegiant flights.

Hubris

Why have there been so many sub charters oit of PIE lately? Looks like Miami Air and Suncountry have been doing a lot of Allegiant flights.

Because Allegiant pilots do not have a contract to prevent this..... When you get a contract make sure there is language to prevent this.

I thought it was partly because their training department was completely shut down by the FAA and they are wayyyy understaffed?

There's not enough pilots to cover all the flying. It's happening in ALL the Florida bases, as well as IWA, LAS and OAK. Don't know about BLI.

I have an old Bang-buddy who is cute and tight who wants to get on at G4. What does it take to get hired there, nowadays?

Wait a sec.

The whole training department is shut down?!?!

According to my neighbor in las, G4 FO, almost every of is looking for a different position in greener pastures. Is this true? How will allegiant function? Half chartered schedule? Is that even logistically possible?

They updated the seniority list twice in December. The total pilot number got to 401 but then the newest list shows 8 left and only 393 on the list. I would anticipate lots will leave this year including a lot of the newly hired that probably had multiple irons in the fire when they got/get hired here. Just from flying the line I know that resumes are out but just as well I am sure people will only leave for a few top picks.

Why have a seniority list when they disregard it when times get tough?

Latest resources

Back