• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant sub charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think estimates of attrition are overblown. Yeah almost everyone's looking but at the same 3 airlines (ok, plus maybe Alaska if you have a Silver Bullet and SW if you don't mind a 15-year upgrade) along with 15,000 other apps.

Could take a few years to score an interview unless you know someone.

I think estimates of attrition are overblown. Yeah almost everyone's looking but at the same 3 airlines (ok, plus maybe Alaska if you have a Silver Bullet and SW if you don't mind a 15-year upgrade) along with 15,000 other apps.

Could take a few years to score an interview unless you know someone.

While I agree that this applies to the upper part of the seniority list, the bottom of the list will become a revolving door. Spirit and JetBlue will begin to look more attractive once the reality of 6+ year upgrade, zero work rules, and an increasingly inadequate compensation package kicks in.

While I agree that this applies to the upper part of the seniority list, the bottom of the list will become a revolving door. Spirit and JetBlue will begin to look more attractive once the reality of 6+ year upgrade, zero work rules, and an increasingly inadequate compensation package kicks in.

agreed.

Can the company actually force you to accept a TDY assignment out of base?

Last edited:
I thought the Teamsters were voted in? What are they doing about it?

At the moment, there's nothing anyone can do about it. TDY was never addressed in our current workrules, because it never happened in the past like it's happening now. Since there's no rules about it, there's nothing that can be done.

I'm sure the IBT will have something in contract language to prevent this, once a contract is agreed to.

This is how a friend describes Allegiant: You are hired by Reserve Allegiant, to plug whatever hole caused by seasonal variations in flying, lack of foresight in hiring, simulator breakdowns, or other temporary crisis. Your life may not be your own for some time although it helps greatly if you live in Florida (don't even think about the west coast). You have flow-through rights to Lineholder Allegiant where eventually you may have some semblance of a life.

Latest resources

Back