Allegiant seeks B757s, may create alter-ego airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW-

I would never have guessed Allegiant would even try and pull an alter ego given the payscales!!!!

Amazing what has happened to this industry.

-It won't be long before someone is paying the airline to fly these planes. I can totally see some airline exec saying "people need experience in a heavy to get on at a real airline-so for only $60k, we will give them a type and 1,000 hours in the right seat!"

-I'll bet we will see an ad to this effect in the back of AOPA and flying mags within a year!
-And we thought Gulfstream was bad!

Last edited:
I'm not getting the whole premise here--can someone please explain? If there is no union, and Gallagher claims that he can impose whatever pay rates he pleases, then why the need for the additional operating certificate? Why not just put the 75s on the Allegiant certificate and establish MD-80 pay rates for them? I realize that this could galvanize a unionization drive, but wouldn't setting up an alter ego do the same?

For the ETOPS Cert. It is just a faster and cheaper way to do it.

WOW-

I would never have guessed Allegiant would even try and pull an alter ego given the payscales!!!!

No kidding, its almost as bad as you trying to pretend you're an adult!

Amazing what has happened to this industry.
No more amazing than the incredible amount stupidity you continue to display! Just goes to show you what those hospitals are doing now for the mentally challenged!

-It won't be long before someone is paying the airline to fly these planes. I can totally see some airline exec saying "people need experience in a heavy to get on at a real airline-so for only $60k, we will give them a type and 1,000 hours in the right seat!"
Is that kind of like you volunteering to work the grill on fryer pay?

-I'll bet we will see an ad to this effect in the back of AOPA and flying mags within a year!
Right next to your add in that colorful "Wendy's uniform."

-And we thought Gulfstream was bad!
I'm sure you consider that mouse in your pants company, but there's no "we" in anything about you, dumbass!
Time to move on Tanker Clown, this loser name is getting boring too!

Delta / Comair, ASA, Freedom, Mesa, Republic, Chautauqua, Shuttle America, ACA, SkyWest, Mesaba, Pinnacle, ExpressJet, Compass
Freedom and Mesa are one senority list, something they fought hard for, same with Republic,Chautauqua and Shuttle America. Its called scope

I'm not getting the whole premise here--can someone please explain? If there is no union, and Gallagher claims that he can impose whatever pay rates he pleases, then why the need for the additional operating certificate? Why not just put the 75s on the Allegiant certificate and establish MD-80 pay rates for them? I realize that this could galvanize a unionization drive, but wouldn't setting up an alter ego do the same?
Divide and Conquer my freind

You can't just buy an ETOPS certificate, wasn't this discussed before?
Let the whipsawing begin!!!!!

Last edited:
No kidding, its almost as bad as you trying to pretend you're an adult!

No more amazing than the incredible amount stupidity you continue to display! Just goes to show you what those hospitals are doing now for the mentally challenged!

Is that kind of like you volunteering to work the grill on fryer pay?

Right next to your add in that colorful "Wendy's uniform."

I'm sure you consider that mouse in your pants company, but there's no "we" in anything about you, dumbass!
Time to move on Tanker Clown, this loser name is getting boring too!

-Classy, General-

-Now, go back to whatever gay troll things you were up to...

have you seen allegiants payscales? some regionals CA's make more!

this is not good!! The world was so much better when there wasn't 1000 airlines out there, 1/2 of them with ********************ty pay.

Latest resources

Back