• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant seeks B757s, may create alter-ego airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are some people who won't compromise their integrity for a free ride. You just won't find any of them on YOUR jumpseat.

I'll be sure to tell the next Alaska J/S I have that Fubijaakr said you have no integrity. :rolleyes:

Relax a little bit man.. You may find you beat your wife and kids little less!

Tell that to the DAL pilots who, for YEARS, didn't even have access to their own jumpseat. How did they get it? They gave up something in their contract for it. That's a UNION NEGOTIATED privilege.

UNION airlines should ONLY have recips with other UNION airlines. And shame on Union pilots who ask favors of people who are undercutting our contracts.

"It's not a union negotiated privilege if it is not available to a union pilot hence the reciprocal agreement."

Here let me put that sentence back into context for you!

Instead of the meaningless drivel replayed, how about some support/info for the group to come on board ALPA and get the legal and national support they are seeking?
It may have been a long time comming and hurt your feelings they were non-union but......they are trying finally.
Give them the support they are seeking.

Because as bad as you think they are now, wait untill the company is pulling a whipsaw for the 757 flying in DIRECT competition with your airline. For even less than their currently low MD-80 payscale.

Get them onboard ALPA and help pull them up. Instead of alienating the group wondering why they would want to join you(bringing you down.)

Last edited:
Because as bad as you think they are now, wait untill the company is pulling a whipsaw for the 757 flying in DIRECT competition with your airline. For even less than their currently low MD-80 payscale.

Even MORE reason to refuse to grant them access to Union negotiated privileges.

When it's Friday night in LAS and we're the last ride out to his destination and the only room left in Vegas is a $10,000/night suite at the Wynn, I don't think Fubijaakr will have a problem parking his "integrity" for a few hours. Either that or it will be fun watching him sleep on the floor. Seriously, I'm on board with the ALPA thing but your militant attitude is really offputting.

Not to flame bait, but about three jobs ago at a non-union airline privately owned, we brought in a union. Zantop IBT 474. Big talk about airline parity wages, more days off, and other things about life getting much better for the pilot group. Passed by one vote. On the one-year anniversary of the contract when we were supposed to get our first raise under the contract, the company when out of business. I believe Allegiant is a private company, like Zantop. The owner become disinterested take his xx million and does something else. So there could be a downside to organizing.

It is in the best interests of everyone for Allegiant guys to get a better deal. It all goes toward raising the bar, rather than falling for management tactics that lower the bar. You guys are highly trained, qualified PROFESSIONALS and should be paid as such.

Latest resources

Back