• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is IWA (Mesa, AZ) a senior base or can newhires bid it and get it? I like the 3 huge runways - I imagine fewer delays. I once saw a C-5 doing touch and goes there.

Junior IWA FO for the Dec bid was a 02/2008 hire. He was able to hold IWA for the first time in Dec. IWA is senior in the right seat, junior in the left seat for now.

Junior IWA FO for the Dec bid was a 02/2008 hire. He was able to hold IWA for the first time in Dec. IWA is senior in the right seat, junior in the left seat for now.

Thanks. What's the estimated upgrade time nowadays (on average)? I guess it also depends on base...

Thanks. What's the estimated upgrade time nowadays (on average)? I guess it also depends on base...

For new guys just starting, at the current rate of upgrade, I would say at least 5-6 years. I'm expecting a 3.5+ year upgrade for myself and there are 130+ (more than 1/3 of our pilots) beneath me. But anything can change and it usually does.

maybe not

For new guys just starting, at the current rate of upgrade, I would say at least 5-6 years. I'm expecting a 3.5+ year upgrade for myself and there are 130+ (more than 1/3 of our pilots) beneath me. But anything can change and it usually does.

I would think the upgrade times might come back down to 1.5 - 2. 5 years with the additional A/C deliveries. Plus, the fact that there are a number of smaller bases that require more upgrades to staff them vs. fewer larger bases for critical mass. IMO. Not many of our pilots have had to wait over 3 years for an upgrade opportunity.

Last edited:
A question for Chperplt, or anyone else at Allegiant.

Will Allegiant look at an applicant who previously turned down a class date with them? I had a job offer back in '07 which I decided to turn down at the time.

I plan on re-applying and will have internal LOR's submitted from two of your current pilots. Just curious if they will look at someone who previously turned down an offer... or if there is a black list for those people.

Thanks in advance!

Keep in mind they know they are pretty much the only ones hiring right now and are being pretty choosey.

Virgin America is also hiring. ;)

A question for Chperplt, or anyone else at Allegiant.

Will Allegiant look at an applicant who previously turned down a class date with them? I had a job offer back in '07 which I decided to turn down at the time.

I plan on re-applying and will have internal LOR's submitted from two of your current pilots. Just curious if they will look at someone who previously turned down an offer... or if there is a black list for those people.

Thanks in advance!

Same story here AZ. I had read before that Mike D. has a "blacklist" that he keeps for situations like this. I would bet we are screwed especially given how many applicants they will get that haven't turned them down before.

Latest resources

Back