• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant getting A319 type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will new hires go into the A319? How senior is FLL?

Way too early to even guess where they'll be based and who will fly it and how they'll work all that out.

FLL is understaffed like the rest of the FL bases plus there are folks from the last class stuck in Florida who want to go west, so if they hire I image you would get FLL or at least someplace else in the state. In fact I would say if you get hired in the next class (nobody knows when that will be)plan on a Florida base whether you want it or not.

Last edited:
Can pilots do temporary duty at other bases? I am thinking winter in Florida might be a nice change for people without family obligations, etc.

How long are people locked into certain bases (minimum time) before they can bid another?

No time lock for a base. You can bid out right away. There just needs to be openings where you want to go. Like reepicheep mentioned there are a few of us trying to get out of FL and back west, but can't. They've been claiming understaffing out east and some over staffing out west.

We do have TDY here. Basically they figure the base that's most overstaffed (IWA apparently as of late) and then put TDY lines in the bid package. Lately it's been to either FLL or Punta Gorda. They've been staffing PGD with TDYs so far, but that will probably change as they just ran a vacancy bid for it. For August a couple of SFB guys ended up getting PGD TDY so it just depends where they decide to pull from.

Latest resources

Back