Allegiant getting A319 type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9 A320s for Allegiant from Iberia. 7 in 2013

Just read Allegiant will be getting 9 A320s over 2 years. 7 will come next year, and 2 in 2014. The article said no MD80s were planned to be parked because of the transaction. Good for you guys.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well, sort of. No additional MD-80 retirements but no additional capacity either; they'll adjust the block hours on the -80's downward. Looks like displacements & downgrades will continue on the west & perhaps a small amount of hiring & upgrades into the east once the Nov. 2012 & Jan. 2013 classes are through. No word when the next class will be; historically they are run early and late in the year.

Displacements, Yes. Downgrades? Sort of. Since management didn't do a good job of staffing the east coast and overstuffed the west coast they have to displace instead of TDYing from the west coast. The option to downgrade is for those who want to stay in a west coast base.

Displacements, Yes. Downgrades? Sort of. Since management didn't do a good job of staffing the east coast and overstuffed the west coast they have to displace instead of TDYing from the west coast. The option to downgrade is for those who want to stay in a west coast base.

You forgot to mention the unpaid move across the country when you get bumped out of base.

Those extra 6 pax are going to cover the extra F/A expense over 150?

I've heard it will but I think it's more to have the option of swapping to an MD80 with 166 seats or a 320 with 177 seats if you have a mx issue or something similar. If you only staffed the 319s for three flight attendants you'd have to wait for a reserve to show up before swapping.

I didn't mention it because the email I saw had a rate for being bumped.

You only get paid if your base closes. If you get bumped out of base by senior pilots during our upcoming system rebid then you receive no moving pay.

Last edited:
It happened to me four years ago but I didn't go whine on a message board. Maybe you should grieve it.
I don't know of any other airline that involuntarily displaces people out of domicile and doesn't compensate them in some way. Could you imagine any other mid-cap sized company telling one of their employees that made $130k a year that they were moving them across the country with moving expenses not paid for?

Latest resources

Back