• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant getting A319 type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I speculate the eventual tie up of spirit and allegiant. It would allow spirit to grow faster. Not sure what the scope clause at spirit is, I assume it's solid. They are very different low cost carriers though and the aircraft utilization at spirit is way way higher than that of allegiant so maybe not.

Great news! The only surprise for me is the A319 selection vs A320/21. I realize the ordering is probably not finished, but wouldn't you expect more seats given the low-price/high-volume vacation-package model? Probably aircraft availability on the market... The performance of the A320/21 is probably still better than what the MD83 can do. Certainly the A319 offers good performance and range...

Did the articles mention start date for the A319s?

Last edited:
Company slide show says first aircraft here Q4 2012 and 2 in service by Q2 2013. 9 319s by end of 2013. 6 more I believe in 2014 and the remaining 4 by mid 2015. All growth...keeping 56 MDs.

319's are too small for the mainstream airline industry and the market for them is depressed....Allegiant can cram 150 seats into the thing, plug it into an existing MD-80 schedule, and the fuel savings alone will make the lease payment.

Latest resources

Back