• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What were the total stats? How many interviewed/Hired. Lowest time of someone hired without an internal rec? Competitive times?

No one on this board is going to have those numbers...

I know of someone with just over 3000 hours total that was interviewed and I'm not sure if he was hired.

What were the total stats? How many interviewed/Hired. Lowest time of someone hired without an internal rec? Competitive times?

They usually interview 4-8 people for every 1 person that they hire. So for a class of ten they will interview probably around 50 or 60 for the class of ten. I have heard that since the IPO, they have been receiving resumes from individuals with higher time, around 7500+ TT

I was just hired. I heard there was approximately 36 interviewed, and 10 hired. Hard to say on the times... In my interview group, there was another regional guy, and a corporate guy, and one from Champion... Not sure yet who else got hired. Myself, I got some 4500 ish hours, and 2500 ish PIC, and a friend forwarded my resume to the CP. Good luck in the searching. Seems like things are finally opening up!

There have been days when we've hired 5-6 out of 8 candidates. Other days, we've only hired 2-3. It all depends on the candidate.

As to minimums, the number is 3000 with an ATP. That's it. We've turned away folks with far more experience, for a variety of reasons. The quality of time is a factor, but if you've been invited for an interview, the job is yours to lose. Obviously turbojet is a plus, but not essential. Generally speaking, if you're background is turboprop, it should have ample PIC.

Also considered, FMS and experience with flight guidance systems. Again, we've hired pilots without it... No absolutes and the 'whole person' concept is weighed in. Like any interview, be yourself.

The interviewers will be representatives from HR, Chief Pilot, Training and line captains. HR and the CP are going to want to see a track record of consistancy and reliability. They don't want to hire a headache. If you've had a history of being absent, for whatever reason, have a police record, or have a lot of breaks in your flying career, it will come up.

The training folks are going to want to determine your trainability. They have a budget to manage and can't spend gobs of money on extra sim time and IOE. One, maybe 2 pinks in your career are not necessarily cause for concern, however a pattern of failures and or/ violations could be.

The line captains, among other things, are picturing themselves sitting in the cockpit with you for a month. Pretty small office... In addition to not wanting to get violated because of the actions of a weak FO, they actually get flack from other captains when they allow a weak candidate through the hiring process. For this reason, hiring captains like to see an internal rec on a resume; it gives them some assurances the candidate is solid. This is something a 45-minute interview will seldom allow.

Just some 'big picture' hiring stuff...again, no absolutes. A fun, enthusiatic, and outgoing personality will go a long way.

Hope this helps...

D1

Last edited:
Anyone have ideas on the following

Reserve call out is an hour...Very short compared to others....What is the time of day you are responsible to be call. 6am to 6pm or what?

Is there a training contract?

What is the average commute time from some of the areas around vegas to the airport ....North vegas...Henderson...etc..

Also what is the employee parking lot like....Ex. PDX averages 25minutes lot to checkin/gate side....SEA is 20-40 minutes...How does this figure into the 1 hour call out.

Anyone have ideas on the following

Reserve call out is an hour...Very short compared to others....What is the time of day you are responsible to be call. 6am to 6pm or what?

Is there a training contract?

What is the average commute time from some of the areas around vegas to the airport ....North vegas...Henderson...etc..

Also what is the employee parking lot like....Ex. PDX averages 25minutes lot to checkin/gate side....SEA is 20-40 minutes...How does this figure into the 1 hour call out.

I think if you do a search on past posts, you'll find answers to all of your questions.

parking lot is above the terminal... 7 minutes to ops if you catch the tram and 10 if you have to wait for it.

Its rare you get a very short notice call out.. Typically you know for days... If you do get a 1 hr call and it takes you 1.5 hours, you aren't up $hits creek... They are pretty understanding.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back