• Watchers 16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB Skillz said:
If I flew MD80s for your salary, I would be angry too. I heard you guys even have to pay for soft drinks and water on your own flights. A new low! I would never send a resume to such a place. Regionals should be the bottom feeders, not companies with mainline equipment.

JOIN ALPA!

Actually, I'm not at all angry, to the contrary, I'm quite happy! I get a decent salary, not the highest by any means but it beats un-employment, and I'm making more than I did at Eagle by far, and I sure as hell make more than you, and I'm home every night, and I don't do 8 legs LAX-SAN anymore. Plus, who do you think UAL is going to hire, me with 13,000 hours and 2000 hours PIC in an MD80 or you with your 2300 hours and 5 pic in an EMB170?? Get real and grow up!
Secondly regarding ALPA, they don't want us, we don't have enough pilots to make it worthwhile for them ie, we won't generate enough cash for their coffers to pay for lunch with big-wig Washington politicians.
And yes I was ALPA, for far longer than you've had a flying career, and was even a MEC officer, for more years then you've had a flying career. I know exactly what it can and can't do...
Let me give you some advice from Mark Twain.
"It's better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt".
Brian
at least your language "skillz" have improved...
and NO i'm not leaving AAY for UAL, I've worked for them...no more, nuf said!

I didn't know it was possible to have a profitable airline with those gass guzzlers. Have you guys taken out the galleys and installed more seats or what? Oh wait they pay you $40 an hour. What are their plans to upgrade their fleet?

atafan said:
Mainline, Major, Regional, LCC, Legacy, Commuter, Jungle Jet, Big, Small - WHATEVER!

I've been there and bought the T-shirt so many times I just don't care anymore. Get over yourselves and your silly pride.

Congratulations to Allegiant! I hope you guys prosper and have a great time doing it.

I agree, and thats the point I've tried to make, (over and over again) an airline is an airline is an airline...who cares...

If your have to lump us in the "Small to medium size airlines flying big planes and making a profit at it" category.

If I flew Captain on an EMB for 2300 hours I'd be angry too

EMB Skillz said:
If I flew MD80s for your salary, I would be angry too. I heard you guys even have to pay for soft drinks and water on your own flights. A new low! I would never send a resume to such a place. Regionals should be the bottom feeders, not companies with mainline equipment.

JOIN ALPA!

ps. f^ck ALPA

Last edited:
not companies with mainline equipment.

What is "mainline equipment" anyway, that bar seems to keep moving according to the needs of the "legacy carriers".

And about ALPA.
ALPA had a chance of saving it's butt years ago if we just had implemented a national seniority list. ALPA has always been about the "haves" and the "have nots" and don't kid yourself you can quickly become part of the "have nots" crowd.

We never learn.........

CX880 said:
I didn't know it was possible to have a profitable airline with those gass guzzlers. Have you guys taken out the galleys and installed more seats or what? Oh wait they pay you $40 an hour. What are their plans to upgrade their fleet?

Oh that's a good one... ROFLMAO!!!

As far as our profit, I believe the SEC filing showed 10.3 Million in 2004 and 7.9 million in 2005.... if you didn't get that... That's PROFIT.

Oh... and we actually took seats out. Went from 164 to 150... All leather and very comfortable.

chperplt said:
Don't make me kick your ass next time I see you!!! :bomb:

95%+ of our business is 121 scheduled operations now. Go to www.Allegiantair.com and buy a ticket from SFB to somewhere and back... After your comment, no jumpseat for you!!!:beer:

Just goes to show you that I learn something new everday. And dont make me sick fungirl on you. Now bring on the beer biatch

Hello, does anyone know if interviewees for the July class have been contacted, or when they plan on calling people for interviews? I have been trying to get on with Allegiant since August 2005. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Latest resources

Back