allegheny/piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALG Furlogh's

I had heard that ALG still had furloughs out is that true or have they all been recalled? In referance to the earlier discussed training contract that is only for the people that won't resign their senority numbers. The rest of the straight new hires will not have that requirement. Attached is a short memo released to day relating to this month's avtivity.

(*My Additions*)

*Total newhires in class now is 25

*Total upgrades in class now is 10

*Simulater training will be done in CLT, ATL, and SEA

*Next month there will be 25 newhires

*There are 50 anticipated upgrades in the next 5 months.

*ROA will be built up to approx. 45 crewmembers per seat
(*A New Crew Base Onening in Feb*)

*Right now we have 56 planes on line

*By March we should anticipate 64 total planes on line.

*One -200 will be added and the rest should be -300s

*ORF will be built back up after February
(*Some Lines Are Being Temp Given To ROA To Get It Started*)

*With the ROA maintenance base open, we can handle the maintenance of 72
planes

I believe that all of ALG furloughees have been called back. In fact, there is a new hire class going through now and in a few weeks, a class of ex-ALG pilots will be brought back.

Wish that the airlines requiring you to resign your seniority number would give you the option to do so OR sign a training contract. Vanguard, from what I've reaad, makes you do both. Talk about taking another punch below the belt. Guess the airlines can pretty much do what they want.

pappy

my wife wants to know when I'm going to get another job:p

Indeed all pilots at ALG have been recalled. In fact there have been THREE classes since, with a fourth class starting next week. When this fourth class arrives, we will have over thirty pilots in some phase of training. We have already had at least three ex-ALG furloughed mainline pilots come through training this past week. They still have their mainline number intact. I'm sure there are more coming.

PDT or ALG

Whatever you do, if you get hired and go to ALG stay away from ABE, it's A__hole central.

If your lucky enough to get hired by both and have a choice then here is my 2 cents. Go to PDT.

They both have the same contract (as said above) with minor diffs. but for the most part the same. Both pay and benni from day one and put you up for training. (which is way better that the pay for your job commuters and majors out there - yes I said majors Jet Boy)

You will make 33 to 36 (including Per diem) first year. I have almost 3 at ALG and made 43714 as an FO last year and it would have been more if not for the dune coons back in sept.

PDT has a few more aircraft and the 200's are a blast to fly (so I've been told). They also fly the islands. You should go there just for that. Their bases are better too. I'd take SBY, ORF/PHF, ROA, TPA, EWN, JAX any day over ABE (see first line), MDT, SCE, BGM, or SYR.

ALG like PDT is very senior. Guys with 30 25 20 and 15 years here. The top 150 out of 440 have been here 15 or more.

I've never run into an A__hole PDT capt. (but I bet they have a few) however Allegheny has them in spades. Dont get me wrong I can get along with them but It doesn't make the 4 day fun.

A final note: FA's. It seems that ALG hires 40 something, divorced 2 plus times, smoking 2.5 packs-a-day, cursing like a sailor women that hate men and life. PDT FA's on the other hand are alway nice, blonde, hot, and happy. It seems that whenever we get a hottie here at ALG she leaves for PDT anyway. (M. V. please come back, I (we) miss you chickie. I can show you my fish tank -wink,wink)

Just My 2 cents. If anyone wants any more info let me know.

P.S.

Please don't get me wrong, I LUV my job and like ALG (you just need a good attitude here). I'm happy to still be employed and feel for every pilot on the street.

Take Care

Last edited:
Thanks,

that's the kind of info that is priceless.;)

They both seem like good companies, so I guess I'll have to go where the good looking flight attendants are:D

Alleghney Base/Reserve Time

Great info. Flyin@500agl...

What's a good pilot base at Allegheny, with short reserve time if possible, and what's the average reserve time anyway. I understand they are growing and upgrades are in progress.

Just asking... due to up coming interview and application ask for Location Desired... Thanks...:)

PDT

We have some pretty cool people to fly with at Piedmont. The domiciles seem to be better than ALG and the places we fly will get you alot of different scenery.

And the "lifers" that where mentioned before are cool people too, I havn'e seen many bad attitudes as far as who your flying with on a trip.

And we have the 3 types of Dash's WITH APU's I might add not that its a big deal or anything, just makes it nice.

I might be a little biased but, I would definitely consider PDT between the two becuase of the diversity of flying and a large spectrum of domiciles which will come in handy if you are from the south or the north.

Also if you havn't flown the Dash before, its pretty fun when not at cruise of course. I come out of flying jets and I'm still having a good time becuase it reminds me of a SuperCub, no lie.

Good luck,
LR25

base info

Syr is your best bet. They seem to be expanding sce at this time. the 2 most junior are syr and bgm. there is talk of another base (bwi/phl?) but as usual we will be the last to know and I wouldn't believe till I see it.

For thoes who ask about RJ's my answer is who the f_ck knows. Personally I don't care. I like the dash and the routes/flying we do. The cockpit is big roomy and quiet. It's built better than the jungle crap chicken jet. It pays me more than RJ boy too. Its the best turboprop ride out there along with the atr.

ALG

I can only speak for ALG. I have worked here for over 13 years. I would encourage you to work for PDT. The problem with ALG is it's management. They do not care about their employees. Since sept. 11, they have been systematically cutting our pay. If it looks like you will go over 30 hours in a seven day period they will change your schedule prior that day just to keep from paying you. They may add time to your schedule and when you are 30/7, They will send you home and not pay you for rest of your schedule. If you talk to our company reps, They will tell you we our the highest paid pilots. What they don't tell you is that they will do everything in there power not to pay you what the contract, That they are telling you is so "GREAT", say's you are to be paid. The training dept. is the worst in the industry. The faa is always on ALG butt for traing errors.

My advice is to go to work for PDT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back