allegheny/piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do Not ALG

Like I said in beggining, Do not ALG. PDT is getting all new dash-8 300's. They were coming to ALG. Our pres. said He did not want them because of the lease rate. He feels we can be more profitable with PDT old dash-8 100's. This is true but for how long. Our planes are running out of time and we do not know if they will replace them anytime soon. With an attitude like this, We will never replace our fleet. I do not know enough about PDT but stay away from ALG

Not to add fuel to the fire but,
The 300's that Piedmont has gotten are far from new. We've gotten ones from China, South Africa, Tyrolean (Germany) and one or two from Shuttle America.
They are nice though, just not brand new.

MY mistake

MY feeling is that I would rather be looking at 300's than 10 of your old 100's. I interviewed at PDT and ALG in 1988. I was offered a position at both ALG and PDT. Not knowing anything about the company's, I chose the one that I thought had the higher pay scale. This forum did not exist back than. I wish I had choosen PDT. When people ask my opion on the subject, I gave it to them. I feel ALG is heading down the tubes. Our president feels are economic future is to get cheap leases on DH-8 100's. I think he is wrong. It makes us profitable now but our fleet plan will time out in three short years. We are scoped out of jets so we have no future.

Latest resources

Back