• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All is quiet at Flex.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess is that he was asked to leave or go back to the line and, that is why he's been in limbo for a while thinking about it. I hope his first trip is to TEB Holiday Inn for 3 nights in a row.

Wow, nothing like wishing someone well. Remember what comes around goes around. I hate to see anyone lose their job.

My concern now is who will replace him. Hopefully someone who is a good liason between pilots and management. Personally I am pulling for KS.

RH is a good guy, I dont think this is a good thing for the pilot group. The worst part is that the new CP, whoever he may be, is not exactly gonna go to bat immediately for us. RH new his way around and new how to deal with the different higher up folks. The new person will have to learn all that.

My concern now is who will replace him. Hopefully someone who is a good liason between pilots and management. Personally I am pulling for KS.

I think this should be everyones concern and I agree that KS is the best candidate.

Rumor has it that some serious mud was slung and RH said that he had enough of the CP job. I personally had not issues with him and he took care of me when I needed it.

RH, I know you read these, welcome back to the line and away from management hell.

So what u saying is that we should start typing and forwarding our resumes to NJ and that will be the best descision ever???

That's not even remotely what I'm saying...way to put words in my mouth.

What I am saying is that its very easy in this industry to get lulled into a false sense of security just because you've accumulated seniority. The attitude that "I can't leave this company and start over at the bottom of someone else's list" can be a very dangerous attitude to have. People should weigh all of the facts when making a decision about their livelihoods and those of their families, and make the best decision accordingly.

I'm not implying anything specific about any company being discussed on this board, just making an observation about a familiar sentiment.

Wow, nothing like wishing someone well. Remember what comes around goes around. I hate to see anyone lose their job.

Hey I'm not saying "good riddance" to RH and he got what he deserved. I'm saying that I hope he gets thrown back into OUR reality quickly so he will realize what it is we've all been complaining about. He is a good person and it is a HUGE loss to our group, especially since we are so close to trying to get raises again. I will agree 100% that out of the ACP's, KS is our best hope. I just hope he wants the job because I can only think of about 2 people that would fill those shoes adequately. Welcome back to the line RH, you DID do a good job bro.

That's not even remotely what I'm saying...way to put words in my mouth.

What I am saying is that its very easy in this industry to get lulled into a false sense of security just because you've accumulated seniority. The attitude that "I can't leave this company and start over at the bottom of someone else's list" can be a very dangerous attitude to have. People should weigh all of the facts when making a decision about their livelihoods and those of their families, and make the best decision accordingly.

I'm not implying anything specific about any company being discussed on this board, just making an observation about a familiar sentiment.

That is a true statement for any airline you work at. NetJets could close their doors tomorrow, so could FlexJet, etc. you never know. In general no job is really any more secure than any other in aviation. (

Hey I'm not saying "good riddance" to RH and he got what he deserved. I'm saying that I hope he gets thrown back into OUR reality quickly so he will realize what it is we've all been complaining about. He is a good person...

You say he's a good person. I don't know him so I'll trust you. I've heard two or three pilots say the same thing about him. If he lasts a week or a year on the line, I just hope he'll finally develop a little respect for the pilots, the job they do and their life on the road.

Can't wait to hear what he thinks after living with our "average 9-hour duty days," PBS, rolling rest, early call outs, first day/last day issues, a rotation longer than three days, etc.... If he's any type of human, he's about to learn he's been just a bit wrong about the pilots for the last 10 years.

This could be a good thing. With his decade in the office, if he squawks an issue, maybe it will carry a little weight.

See you at the pickle bar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back