• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALL Flying will performed by AA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If APA mangement doesn't want to play strike them and end them... that's enough... time to end this $hit. Our managment at UAL just gave the stockholders 250 million of our money...my strike fund is ready and I'm tired or the greed and the bull$hit from upper management...I"ll be happy to walk your picket line! Shut these m-fers down

Way to go APA, this could get really interesting and I hope you all achieve a great contract!

One List per Brand

One seniority list per brand.

It could be done during the upcoming merger season.

Any airlines wholly owned subsidiary should be stapled to the bottom of the mainline list. The regionals would go for it. The majors would go for it.

The majors should also be forced to buy a majority stake in all the branded regionals which should then be stapled under the wholly owned. The major would operate the newly acquired majority stake in the regional. The majors could finance the recently acquired regional through future raises of the mainline pilots and regional pilots creating new ESOP agreements creating a one for all, all for one mentality.

There will be a price to pay for these type of arrangements but there is benefit to gain by all the employees.

Ownership and control over your brands flying is worth it.

Last edited:
I hope this happens, but what will be more important at the negotiating table? Pay raise or all flying on one list? Tough times ahead

Wow, I'm glad AA's union has the balls to put this on the table. I've always argued that sub-contracting flying to a regional costs more money than keeping it all in-house. They claim that people costs are lower at a regional, but then they end up paying for the regional's overhead expenses and paying their profit margins.

Pay raise or all flying on one list? Tough times ahead

I think you can get both through ESOP ownership in the new company. What you sacrifice in pay could be created in ownership.

Of course management bonus programs would have to be ended. Base pay for management only!!!

"Any airlines wholly owned subsidiary should be stapled to the bottom of the mainline list. The regionals would go for it. The majors would go for it."

I should doubt that very much, ask a senior Eagle Captain if he is good with that, being stapled to the bottom of AA. If you fence him off perhaps, because otherwise, you might have a junior AA pilot decide to go fly the RJ, more money, better life,it would be one list after all.

I think "one list , all the flying" is a great idea, but implementing it would be very hard, due to the fact the genie already has left the bottle. Certainly starting as a F/O on the RJ ending as a 787 Captain would be the way to go, but how do we get there?

It's been done before

About ten years ago the pilots of KLM's regional airline, KLM Cityhopper, were merged onto the mainline senority list, and all positions were made eligible for bid by both groups. There were significant problems, including a lawsuit by a group of regional pilots who thought that they should have been given date-of-hire, but now that the dust has settled the system works great. New hires for the Cityhopper fleet can now look forward to someday making the big bucks, and those who want to have four stripes quickly can fly the little Fokkers. For the company it meant an end to attrition at the regional, and they gained the ability to put whatever size airplane on whatever route they want to.

Re: All Flying will performed by AA pilots

Thank God someone is standing up and fighting for real scope language.

The Comair and ASA MECs fought this battle in 2000 with the PID, filed in accordance with ALPA's Merger Policy after Delta bought both airlines. What we got for our trouble was the lie that circulated claiming we were demanding DOH. To this very day, we are rebuked for our insolence.

Now that the APA is hinting at it and:

Oh, the wisdom!

Thank God!

It's about time!

Praise be to Jesus - somebody gets it!

It's a step in the right direction.

They have balls!

I must be dreaming!

Job security - well done.

These guys act like a union!

At a point in time when we actually could have stopped the bleeding, we were condemned by the mainliners* for our arrogance.

* (and a bunch of regional pilots too)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back