• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALL Flying will performed by AA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can live in denial if you so choose, but everyone living in the real world knows that you have no career expectations of flying anything bigger than an RJ. When you choose to make a career out of a feeder carrier, you give control of your career expectations to the people that control the code that you fly: the mainline pilots. If you don't like that, you can always try to get a job at a mainline carrier like everyone else.

I don't give control of my career expectations to you or anyone else....... If that is the position of the mainline and ALPA, then they can expect me to do anything and everything within my power to stop them..... regardless of the effect it has on them...

By the way, when I got hired at ASA, there wasn't an expectation to fly RJs.... we didn't have them....Expectations change my friend...... that's why they call them "expectations".... and not "guarantees"...... Either way, they shouldn't factor into setting up arbitrary "classes" of members within ALPA.......

PCL_128 said:
Under the scenario I proposed, the fences would drop with furloughs, so seniority would dictate that they would be displaced to whatever position they bid and could hold. That would likely be the left seat, and it would be at whatever rate their YOS dictated. But like I said, that's just my idea of a good system.

So the mainline pilot who has been at mainline for 6 mos. gets seniority over the folks at the regional? That is exactly the attitude that won't fly..... If I don't get anything at the mainline, then the mainline pilot doesn't get anything other than the bottom of the list..... No double standards...

PCL_128 said:
What you don't seem to understand is that you don't have any protection over your job right now at all. You fly for a feeder carrier, so your flying is subject to RFP, as we've seen over and over again. A one-list gives you at least some semblance of job protection. With your seniority, even being stapled to the bottom of the mainline list wouldn't put you at any risk of a furlough or even a displacement to the right seat. The ones that would be at risk would be the more junior pilots, but the risk would be worth it to end the whipsaw. Apparently you're too blind to see that.

What you don't understand is that some of us like the schedules and the flexibility our seniority gives us.... We don't want to lose that by getting bumped down..... I enjoy 18 days off and turning 1 week of vacation into 3 weeks..... If I wanted to fly big airplanes, I would leave... I just want to keep my seniority.... You don't seem to undertand that.....

If giving up seniority in the bad times is a requirement for a single list, then forget it..... I'd rather just stay separate......

then they can expect me to do anything and everything within my power to stop them
You already tried that, remember? Big lawsuit and four-letter organization? Ringing any bells? Failed miserably, and provided me with years of entertainment with a great laugh at the end.

If I wanted to fly big airplanes, I would leave... I just want to keep my seniority.... You don't seem to undertand that.....
I was actually agreeing with some of what you wrote here until this statment, which is what makes you the miserable POS that you are. Wasn't the basis of the rjdc lawsuit that our "scope" was limiting the size of aircraft you could fly? I thought you guys wanted to fly bigger airplanes? You can't have it both ways JB......Now write out that check to Haber, his BMW payment is due in Jan!

If giving up seniority in the bad times is a requirement for a single list, then forget it..... I'd rather just stay separate......
How's that seniority working out for ya on those S3C's to/from Florida?

You already tried that, remember? Big lawsuit and four-letter organization? Ringing any bells? Failed miserably, and provided me with years of entertainment with a great laugh at the end.

Didn't fail..... it prevented any Delta pilots from coming to ASA or CMR with super-seniority ala "Jets for Jobs"..... Several of our MEC members have said that RJDC helped as the DAL MEC really wanted a "jets4jobs" deal here.....

It cost ALPA alot of money..... and we have some small protections now from mainline scope..... In the end it was worth the money....

If you "vision" of a single list is the way to go, then forget it..... let's just stay separate.....

Didn't fail..... it prevented any Delta pilots from coming to ASA or CMR with super-seniority ala "Jets for Jobs"..... Several of our MEC members have said that RJDC helped as the DAL MEC really wanted a "jets4jobs" deal here.....
Yeah, I'm sure that's the story they tell to try to justify in their own minds all the money they watched get flushed down the toilet as Haber bought himself another BMW with their donations.

I was actually agreeing with some of what you wrote here until this statment, which is what makes you the miserable POS that you are. Wasn't the basis of the rjdc lawsuit that our "scope" was limiting the size of aircraft you could fly? I thought you guys wanted to fly bigger airplanes? You can't have it both ways JB......Now write out that check to Haber, his BMW payment is due in Jan!

Don't want it both ways..... I am happy with the current size limits on DCI flying..... but don't want any restrictions on ASA/Skywest for any flying they do outside of the Delta code.....

737Pylt said:
How's that seniority working out for ya on those S3C's to/from Florida?

Works great since most of the flights to MLB are RJs.... I have seniority over the many Delta pilots on the RJs.... You do realize that we have seniority over Delta on our own airplanes.... Most commuting cities are RJs..... The pass priority is actually going to hurt you guys more than us..... Oh well.....

So to answer your question, most of the time I am S3 and it is YOU that would be S3C.....

Yeah, I'm sure that's the story they tell to try to justify in their own minds all the money they watched get flushed down the toilet as Haber bought himself another BMW with their donations.

Sorry.... I'm getting my money back and we did prevent any super-seniority mainline program.... Works for me.......

What garbage. This was a pretty good thread.

Joe's positions do not reflect what the RJDC was trying to accomplish.

Last edited:
Actually, I thought the car went to a girlfriend, now ex wife, or something along those lines.

So Haber got screwed in divorce court by another scumbag attorney? Excellent! This RJDC story just keeps getting better. Thanks for the years of entertainment, John!

Really? Or are you just talking out of your arse again? More of the rjdc spin? Where's your girl N2264j? Under Dan's desk again. I'm sure she could support more of your BS lies!

It cost ALPA alot of money.....
That's great you idiot! Do you realize ALPA is YOUR union too?

and we have some small protections now from mainline scope..... In the end it was worth the money....
Protections? :laugh: HA! Sure, ASA/CMR, come have a seat at the table, but keep your mouth shut, and don't say a word. Also, don't sit on the furniture.

If you "vision" of a single list is the way to go, then forget it..... let's just stay separate.....
It was never gonna happen anyway sport!

Latest resources

Back