All-ATPs bashing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
Very few people have been able to fly the PA-28R, only to turn around and go all out by flying the PA-28-235. Where he got the balls to do that I will never know.

THEN, this madman goes out and flies a C-177. But not just any C-177. HE FLEW A C-177RG!!!!
Thanks, man - I haven't laughed out loud like that in quite a while!

FWIW, I did my ATP rating with them (BWG, weekend program) a couple years ago. Quick, hassle-free, learned a few things and the price was right.

Wang Chung, Lear60RG pilot

Last edited:
Good try. Better luck next time. I teach at a 141 school BTW. 141 or 61 doesn't mean a thing. ATPs is respectable for a rating mill. A rating mill is a rating mill. Rating mills have a formula to their success that involves huge profit. There are some very respectable part 61 rating mills. I never knew if ATP was 141 or not. Are they?

Now, just to rub my "fake" email in your face again:

On-Site Interviews with Pinnacle Airlines / Northwest Airlink

In just three weeks, Pinnacle Airlines (Northwest Airlink) will
interview a pool of ATP Instructors and Airline Transition Program
graduates on-site at ATP's headquarters in Jacksonville Beach, Florida.

Pinnacle will also interview a select number of pilots prior to their
enrollment in the Airline Transition Program for Conditional Offers of
Employment.

After successful completion of the interview, Pinnacle knows that
applicants will quickly gain a high level of proficiency and
standardization in ATP's 60-day Airline Transition Program. If you're
pursuing an airline job, have 350 hours total time, and would like to
know you're hired before investing $24,995, visit ATP's web site and
complete the application to be invited to 4 days of complimentary
interview and sim prep, and an interview with Pinnacle.

Check out the web site for details:

<http://www2.atpflightschool.com/go.lasso?p=a&c=10310>

Sincerely,
James

--
James Krzeminski
Director of Admissions
Airline Transport Professionals (ATP)
800-ALL-ATPS / 800-255-2877
Web: <http://www.allatps.com>
Email: <mailto:[email protected]>

If you prefer not to receive notice of specials, new programs, and
general pilot career information from ATP, please visit:
<http://www.atpflightschool.com/specials/r.html>

Last edited:
sqwkvfr said:
I gotta tell ya....the arrogance demonstrated on this thread is emminating from posts other than mine and cforst's.

Dont sweat it,what else can you expect from an ex AA pilot....

Mcjohn, you had to give them your email address at some point, or you would not have gotten the email

I never said it was fake.............

I have several friends who went to ATP for their CFI/II/MEI and I wouldn't consider any of them weak pilots. It's all about attitude, everyone I know who went to ATP, did so for the sole purpose of getting the rating done in a minimum of time, they weren't looking to be handed a rating and they did not treat the process as such. They studied ahead of time, studied while they were there, and made the most of the flying that they did. In the end they passed checkrides, came home, and used the ratings. One of them went to Florida to teach at ATP and I know that he wouldn't hand anybody a rating. One is flying for Skywest currently, and one is teaching in SoCal.

It is what you make of it. If you go prepared and go all out while you're there you'll pass no problem, and more importantly, you'll improve. If you slack off and just do the minimum to pass then you'll still pass. Yes, they do teach the test because that's how you get the rating. If you truly are a professional then it's a personal commitment to become proficient, it's not the school's responsibility to force you.

Mcjohn, you had to give them your email address at some point, or you would not have gotten the email

I never said it was fake.............

Oh, O.K. whatever. Hmmmm.....Let me see if I can remember how they got my email...........................Oh Yeah!! I had been approved for a loan through Key Bank to go through their 90 day career pilot program 3 years ago but backed out at the last minute when it occured to me that if I can get that money so easy I might as well just buy a home while the interest rates were at an all time low and then just sell the home to pay off flight training debt accrued locally or take the profit to pay for training without financing. I've been getting those email for 3 years.

Latest resources

Back