• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All-ATPs bashing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cforst has gotten his Private, Instrument, Commercial all between July and Christmas.

He's practically a fast tracker himself!

mcjohn said:
Oh, O.K. whatever. Hmmmm.....Let me see if I can remember how they got my email...........................Oh Yeah!! I had been approved for a loan through Key Bank to go through their 90 day career pilot program 3 years ago but backed out at the last minute when it occured to me that if I can get that money so easy I might as well just buy a home while the interest rates were at an all time low and then just sell the home to pay off flight training debt accrued locally or take the profit to pay for training without financing. I've been getting those email for 3 years.

whatever............? it's not my fault you have a less than average grasp of the english language

Metro752 said:
since ATP will not solicit something like that, afaik.

It's not the English language that I have a poor grasp on. It is the message board acronyms.
I had to google "afaik" but as far as I know I have it figured out.

Did I slam on your school somewhere along the line? I try not to slam on anyone's school quality etc..... I slam on their marketing practices. It's called false advertising and it is illegal but somehow they've gotten away with it for years. Even Flight Safety lied to a buddy of mine. I really don't have any beef with ATPs because they are a rating mill and they don't hide it. They want all your money up front and then it's up to the student. Not much individual attention and everyone's treated the same. ATP is great for some but horrible for others.

In the past I have administered many tests for ATP's as an examiner. If the students prepare they pass but too many come their with an attitude that the program in someway has a prearranged outcome. Of course those students get an awakening via a "pink slip." So I can say that the ones that do pass must earn their certificates just other pilots do everywhere else. The FAA standards are the same nationwide.

Since the school is a Part 61 program there is no FAA examining authority. At ATP's the students do meet FAA standards when they are certificed.

I went to ATPs back in 2000. I think the attitude of the student, followed very closely by that of the instructor make all the difference. I had a pleasant experience there, but find it unfortunate that they have started participating in so many of these "get there first" programs. I think that for some students ATP is to flight schools what the King videos are to test prep; what you need to know to get passed and only that. At least that wasn't my experience, or the experience of several folks I know who have gone through.

Hey, I have an idea, lets change it up a little bit....

I can piss farther and screw harder than you guys because I went to Jimbob Johnsons Flight Academy for Midgets!

Holy Freakin Monkey Balls...Startin to sound like airliners.net in here.

I flew with a JJFAM guy the other day.. boy, he couldn't land a 172 to save his life..

whatfuelpolicy said:
I went to Jimbob Johnsons Flight Academy for Midgets!

Couldn't make it into that school. They said I was too tall and they wouldn't enroll me.

Too bad, Jimbob Johnson runs a good school from what I hear.

Wang Chung said:
Couldn't make it into that school. They said I was too tall and they wouldn't enroll me.

Too bad, Jimbob Johnson runs a good school from what I hear.

Dude, you flew a Tahoma Convair 240 and made it out alive!!!!

There isn't a flight school around that can teach you anything more about flying :)

Flying for that outfit gets you a PHd in aviation knowledge

Latest resources

Back